|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
In collaboration with Norwegian institute of public health, AHRI has planned to conduct a study on qualifying the performance of a newly developed “SeroSelectTB” test and determine the extent to which the test reduces diagnostic delay and expedites treatment. The study is funded by EDCTP for a period of 3 years. The project involves filed activities, program coordination at the office level and communication with stake holders and partners within AHRI as well as internationally. We are looking for enthusiastic, bright minded, hardworking and time conscious candidates to be part of the team as well as envisioning to the excellence of the institute through quality research. The employee will be base at AHRI but frequent visits where the research will be conducted is mandatory which is Bahirdar and surrounding area.
Personal Specification: Qualification, Experiences and Essential Skills
· MPH in Public Health or Health Management; OR MBA in Project Management or Business Administration; AND 8 years related work experience and background (BSc) in Public Health sciences from an accredited institution; OR
· BSc in Public Health or Health Management; OR BA in Project Management or Business Administration; AND 10 years related work experience and background (BSc) in Public Health sciences from an accredited institution
· Experience in health research coordination or management
· Experience in field research supervision, coordination or management
· Experience in timely preparation of financial reports
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and diverse team
· Strong administrative, organizational and communication skills
· Personal training/skills in the required position
· Excellent interpersonal communication skill and proficient English skill
· Strong computer literacy (MS office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet use)
· Strong organizational skills; flexible to working off-working hours or weekends
· A high level of attention to details
· Ability to work with others/team work, including international collaborators
· Open for discussion and learning
· Ability to problem solving and willingness to take self-initiatives
· Willingness to take up additional responsibilities and continuous training as needed
· Facilitate the implementation of major project deliverables and activities
· Perform regular quality control on data collection tools (such as CRFs and ICFs)
· Closely work with the project PI and the core team at AHRI and collaborating institutions in the Norwegian institute of public health on the overall coordination, management and implementation of project plans.
· planning and follow-up of the overall field activities and office tasks related to the project
· planning regular meetings to discuss progress activities within the project and other related activities here in AHRI as well as with the team in the field
· Identify challenges and facilitate discussion to solve problems
· Regular follow-up and tracking of project expenses (budget/invoices) and assist in the quarterly preparation of financial reports
· Regularly assist in revising the implementation plan/study procedures as needed
· Provide regular and frequent administrative assistance and logistic support to study team
· Follow-up overall procurement needs of the project
· Receive updates from field coordinators in the preparation of technical reports (enrollment updates and other additional site reports) regularly/on a weekly basis
· Setting up meeting agenda, minutes recording, organizing/attending online conferences
· Track screening and enrollment of study participants
· Execute additional duties as may be assigned by the PI/core team to meet the objectives of the project
Terms and Conditions:
1. Salary: Birr 23,800 (ETB twenty three thousand eight hundred)
2. Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working late hours and weekends
3. Length of Contract: This is a one-year post, subject to annual contract renewal
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before August 27, 2020.
- A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page, describing why you wanted to apply for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
The recruitment will involve individual screening of applications, followed by interview and/or written exam. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
No. Required: 01 (one)