|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
Fikir Ethiopia National Association of Intellectual Disabilities (FENAID) secured a grant on the project entitled Together for Inclusion (TOFI). The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the fulfilment of the rights of persons with disabilities in Ethiopia. The project focuses on individual and organization and systematic (duty bearers on local, regional and national level) level to bring about change.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the implementation of Economic Empowerment project
- Finalize the annual work plan and budget and manage their implementation.
- Provide project advisory support to the Office Management within the Economic Empowerment project as assigned;
- Manage the technical implementation of the project; provide technical advice; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Participate on consortium meetings, project review and/or evaluation meetings on EE.
- Ensure that the terms of the project result framework and the donor's rules are followed.
- Ensure that project implementation adheres to the project result framework
- Ensure that FENAID policies and other internal standards are properly implemented and followed
- Ensure that the project is carried out in accordance with the plan and budget.
- Steer the project's intervention strategy and propose changes if the objectives change or if they are unlikely to be met.
- Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned and implement the action plan.
- Ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with the project activity plan and the budgeted amount
- Maintain project monitoring, particularly activity progress indicators and expected outcomes.
- Ensure project learning by applying lessons learned from previous projects, adhering to recommendations made throughout the project (from evaluations, FENAID management, audits, etc.), and capitalizing on the acquired knowledge.
Manage the monitoring and reporting of the project
- Manage the process of monitoring the project implementation of activities
- Prepare quarterly reports, focusing on results, output, and outcomes.
- Write internal and external progress reports.
Manage inter-organization coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence in the area of Economic Empowerment
- Provide substantive technical support to the Office Management related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees;
- Coordinate with implementing partners, consortium members government offices, to ensure the project’s success and harmonized and aligned with other FENIAD efforts;
Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Represent FENAID in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to persons with intellectual disabilities Economic Empowerment contributions and programs Manage advocacy strategies and their implementation.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide project improvement
- Participate in networks as needed to increase FENAID's external influence.
- Communicate about the project to partners, authorities, and stakeholders when relevant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in economics, business administration, social sciences, international development, or other relevant field is required.
- A project management certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as project manager.
- Technical expertise and previous work experience in applying economic empowerment project, knowledge of applying of innovative approaches to income generation for persons with disabilities.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies is an asset;
- Experience working in non-government organization
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
Fluency in Amharic and English is required