|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The role has a responsibility to coordinate and ensure the quality implementation of Building Sills for Market-Based Livelihoods for Youth in Assosa Project on a day-to-day basis to contribute to the delivery of the project at the quality and outcome desired and as per the time and budget specifications.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- University Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Work or other related field of study.
- Five years related work experience in project management of which at least three years should be in NGO.
- Proven project management experience which includes project designing, implementation, coordination, provision of technical guidance to partners including monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Good understanding of the relevant sector country systems and working relationship with or experience in government bureaus.
- Prior experience as an entrepreneur running self/group business or any business.
- Satisfactory knowledge of the local context of the project implementation area, i.e. Benshgul Gumuz, Assosa and familiarity with social, economic, political and other determinants of young people in the region particularly in Assosa city.
- Knowledge of local languages of the target area which include Amharic, Gumuz, Shinashigna
- Knowledge of local context and specific issues of youth livelihoods. Fully aware about the refugee and host community youth patters of livelihoods.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
If you meet the job requirement, please follow the link below to apply: