|Location||East Hararghe, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Employee Position Summary|
This position is more of a technical position in IMC Ethiopia field office, and the position holder will work under the direction and support of COVID-19 project specialist and closely work with Senior health program Manager. The position holder is responsible to lead and coordinate the planning, implementation and evaluation processes of COVID-19 outbreak response through planned intervention of International Medical Corps designed in East Hararghe zone. He/she also responsible to monitor and follow up of the day to day implementation and service provision of the senior project officers for COVID-19, support surveillance and early investigation and response and also provide technical support, follow up of early warning, regular data collection, mapping of project sites in terms of occurrence of COVID-19 outbreak, She/He will represent IMC in COVID-19 outbreak prevention and response, meetings organized at the zonal and woreda level.
|Essential Job Duties and responsibilities/Scope of Work:|
Reporting and M/E
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, public health, or Environmental health from recognized institution plus 4 years of experience in related field with relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree in Public health/Nursing or related field of study with 8 years of experience in related field.
- Experience on emergency PHEM intervention like outbreak investigation and response,
- Training on PHEM preparedness, early warning and response
- Experience of facilitation of training review meetings and workshops
- Experience on budget and manpower management
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop good team spirit and support field staff
- Knowledge of the respective site language
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before April 01, 2020.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.