|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Precise Consult International PLC
Precise Consult International is looking for an experienced Project coordinator in Financial Inclusion sector. The project coordinator will instigate favorable policy innovations for sustained and equitable economic growth through organizing and promoting an optimal engagement between the public and the private sectors. The engagement is based on necessary policy analysis and communications to bring about broad attitudinal as well as procedural changes.
If you are passionate enough and have the expertise to drive any one of the sectors, join us and have the opportunity to positively impact the life of millions of Ethiopians.
Area of specialization: Finance, Macroeconomics, Business, Digital Finance
Service Line: Development and Project Management
Reporting to: Project Manager (Precise Policy Innovative Initiative)
Length of the contract: One year (with a possibility of extension)
Who We Are
Precise Consult International PLC (PRECISE) is a premiere consultancy firm specializing in finance, investment, business intelligence, and private sector development advisory services. Established in 2007 by returning Diasporas, the firm is currently a leading private institution in the development of business and private sector revolution in Ethiopia providing services to a wide range of clients including businesses, governments, and not-for-profits. With an ideal mix of seasoned experts and young professionals, the company offers unmatched research and knowledge capacity with a broad range of services required to help its clients make strategic decisions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The project coordinator, in close collaboration with the project manager and other staff of PRECISE Consult, is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the overall component of the project as well as results delivery. More specifically, the project coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling project activities.
- Preparing periodic reports.
- Preparing Term of References for all positions under his or her portfolio and involve in the hiring and firing of staff and consultants.
- Leading in the setting up of sector specific platforms.
- Working as a contact point of the sector agenda and the PRECISE initiated Ethiopian CEO forum.
- Based on the work plan, organize training, workshops and local level events in collaboration with local partners and government stakeholders.
- Represent PRECISE and program in meeting, workshop and seminars. High autonomy is required.
- Facilitating platform meetings or/and managing the process.
- Ensuring inputs and comments from stakeholders are duly included on draft and final documents and undertaking quality control.
- Overseeing the accomplishments of sector analysis, deep dive studies, position papers, policy briefs and other communication materials.
- Keeping donors informed on project progress and react on time to information requests.
- Engaging in the identification, engagement and communication of the right policy people and private sector leaders.
- Ensuring the innovative policy initiative assignment of the sector is successfully done.
- Any other related activities assigned by the project manager.
Input from the Employer
- Precise Consult will have a project team that will work closely with the coordinator and provide any assistance according to the tasks at hand.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Economics, Accounting, Management, Banking and Finance, or related fields from a recognized university. MSc/MA/MBA/PhD could be a plus.
- At least five years’ experiences in program/project management, preferably in policy advocacy area.
- Solid Experience on developing and implementing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working in teams, as well as, working independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working with government stakeholders, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Experience in managing workshops and events is preferred.
Required skills & abilities:
- Very good knowledge of policies, strategies and other key development area.
- Proficiency in English & Amharic, both in writing and communication skills.
- Strong organization skill (Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling).
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent in using digital monitoring tool and basic computer skills.
- Additional local language is a plus
Application deadline: May 04, 2020.
Only short-listed applicant will be contacted via telephone.
Please indicate the job position you are applying for on the subject part of the e-mail.
Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.