|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
External Vacancy Announcement (Re-advertisement)
Federal ministry of health would like to invite competent applicants for Seqota Declaration Multi sectoral Approach Stunting Reduction project on the following posts:
Multi sectoral Approach Stunting Reduction Project (MASReP) is a nutrition project to be implemented in Ethiopia, specifically, in the area known as Seqota Declaration. The Seqota Declaration area covers 40 woredas of Amhara and Tigray regions found along the Tekeze river basin. The area is characterized by high prevalence of stunting, soil degradation, erratic and low level of rainfall. MASReP is a joint African Development Bank (AfDB) and Ethiopian government project which supports the government’s high-level commitment to end stunting in children under two years by 2030. It is a multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder project which focuses on Health, Agriculture, Water and Irrigation, Education, Social Protection, Women and Child protection. The project has four components;
Component 1: Climate smart infrastructure development for effective service delivery
Component 2: Livelihood support and promotion of nutritious foods.
Component 3: Strengthening institutional system and capacity building.
Component 4: Coordination and Project Management
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Duty station: Seqota Declaration Federal Program Delivery Unit (FPDU),MoH, Addis Ababa
- Knowledge in the areas of nutrition.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of multi-sectoral coordination and integration of nutrition within sectoral plans and priorities;
- Diplomatic and conflict resolution skills; and
- Strong understanding of political dynamics in government, civil society and donor community at the respective regional level and federal level in Ethiopia.
- Ability to provide top quality policy advice services on governance issues; and
- In-depth practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of the Annual Seqota Declaration MASReP Implementation Plan, and the Inter-Ministerial Priorities to ensure the effective prioritization of activities critical to the success of the Declaration;
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, propose new approaches, which expand the range of programs;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Negotiation skills: capacity to work with diverse group including regional and federal government, development partners and civil society.
- Focuses on impact and results, and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Encourages risk-taking in the pursuit of creativity and innovation; and
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling Government of Ethiopia values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the Government of Ethiopia Seqota Declaration;
- Displays cultural and gender sensitivity and adaptability; and
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
Main Job duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly (as required) implementation plans for the Seqota declaration, MASReP.
- Ensure that the annual, quarterly and monthly plans by specific sectoral target areas.
- Ensure that the project have closely followed up the implementation of quality improvement work plan in the target regions and woredas.
- In collaboration with Senior Program Manager, ensure mapping, planning, quality implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the Seqota Declaration components
- Ensure that project plans are timely reviewed and submitted for approval by the Federal Project Delivery Unit (FPDU), Senior Program Manager.
- Work closely with the program managers to ensure coordination among implementing sectors and partners to ensure quality of program implementation and timely completion of activities.
- Ensure the integration of gender, SBCC and environmental protection through rigorous learning mechanisms, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, WASH) in the target regions and woredas.
- Lead and facilitate weekly, monthly and quarterly and planning and reporting meeting schedules.
- Coordinate with the Senior Program Manager and Regional Program Delivery Unit (RPDU) team in order to support the technical program operations.
- Assist the Federal PDU Senior Program Manager in ensuring that multisectoral Nutrition Coordination is strengthened and functioning in the project operation areas.
- Coordinate and network with federal and regional level implementing partners.
- Identify skill /knowledge gaps among the project staff, conduct training need assessment and organize training to fill these gaps.
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for the project staff,
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
- Ensure and manage appropriate staffing with technical responsibilities,
- Ensure that all project staff set standard and agreed performance objectives, goals and targets.
- Conducts biannual and annual performance review using the Balanced Score Card (BSC) tool, documents and submits to the FPDU, Senior Program Manager (SPM) for approval and submission to respective authorities,
- Plan, organize and lead joint technical supportive supervisions and provide responsive support as assure quality and timeliness of activities at regional level,
- Ensure that the technical managers/advisors regularly support the project.
- Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarterly, bi annual and annual report and submit on timely manner to the Senior Program Manager,
- Support the Monitoring ,Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to conduct documentation with technical support from MEL Advisor,
- Ensure appropriate documentation of key learning’s from program implementation,
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor (Senior Program Manager)
Required No: One
Duration: 12 months’ with possibility of extension subject to performance
Career level:- Senior level(10+ years)
Academic Background, Minimum work Experience and skills
- MPH, MSc in Nutrition or Food and Nutrition, Agricultural Sciences, Water and irrigation science or MA/MBA/MSc in Economics, Project management, Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in project management is mandatory
- Experience working effectively with NGO, development partners or donor supported projects;
- Good understanding on multi-sectoral nutrition;
- An understanding and commitment to Seqota Declaration Goal and Strategic Objectives and initiatives,
- Strong results orientation, proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Amharic;
- Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word) and internet skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application indicating for which Position they are applying for, non-returnable CVs and copies of all documents together with original documents to Ministry of Health, Human Resource Administration Directorate or apply through www.ethiojobs.net . Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
MINSTRY OF HEALTH, ETHIOPIA
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
DIRECTORATE, BLOCK 1 Ground FLOOR