|Ataye, Amhara, Ethiopia
|November 19, 2021
About Swiss Church Aid/HEKS-EPER
Swiss Church Aid/HEKS is the aid organization of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS engage in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation and works in more than 30 countries and runs around 200 projects world-wide. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS is a member of the ACT Alliance.
In Ethiopia, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS has country programmes with focus on Natural Resource Management, WASH, Inclusive Markets for Smallholder Pastoralists & Farmers and Humanitarian Assistance for drought and conflict affected communities. The Ethiopia Country Office is recruiting an Office Assistant for its Office in Ataye.
- Drive official vehicle for official purpose and always follows transport policy.
- Maintain the assigned vehicle, check oils, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.
- Maintain logbook for each trip / Keep records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced as planned, washed & greased as required
- Ensures payments related to assigned vehicle are paid.
- Provides immediate report of accidents to supervisor & to country office Admin
- Perform miscellaneous office support functions as messenger.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Required No: 1
Duration: Six (6) month fixed term contract
Education, Qualifications & other knowledge
- Completion of 12th or 10th grade.
- Certificate from technical school for Auto Mechanic is advantageous.
- Valid 3rd grade driving license.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Four years work experience as a driver of which at least Two years of NGO experience with good driving records.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Amharic & English.
- A very good experience in driving four wheel drive/field vehicle in the rural parts of the country.
- Team oriented, flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Good skill in maintaining healthy interpersonal relationship
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending letter of application and updated CV through Sosina.Seyoum@heks-eper.org
Mention the location and position you are applying for on the subject of your email and your application letter. Your application will not be reviewed if you fail to do so.
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Note: Use " Project Driver " as the subject line of your email !