|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines needed to complete a project. The project engineer works to plan projects, establish project criteria, coordinate project reviews, and ensure the proper implementation of project elements. He/She will plan & forecast resources and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to stakeholders who work with the company.
- Communicates with contract supervisors, consultants and clients as necessary as per the requirements and agreement on the condition of the contract.
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project’s status.
- Cooperating and communicating with the project manager (coordinator) and other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project’s profitability.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Facilitate the purchase and delivery of resources.
- Developing specifications for the project’s needed equipment.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project’s metrics and data collection.
- Monitoring the quality of laboratory tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Manage the project resource plan and budget.
- Interact with clients on a daily basis.
- Review and prepare BOQ and contract documents.
- Compiles material, machineries and manpower requirements of the project and follows up the delivery of the requirements.
- Prepare scheduled and necessary updates of construction activities and analysis of manpower and equipment required.
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes, and work closely with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensuring all procedures and calculations are submitted to the company for review and approval.
- Makes a close follow-up of the operation and prepares cost analysis or as necessary together with the Project Manager and/or Construction Engineer.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by the Project Planning & Supervision Head.
REPORTS TO: Construction Division Head
REPORTS TO POSITION: NA
- BSc degree in civil engineering, construction management or related fields are required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project related works.
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, Archi CAD and other 3D rendering software.
- Know-how of SAP and ETABS software.
- A valid engineering licenses.