|January 4, 2023
Comunità Volontari per il Mondo (CVM) is a non-profit making Christian Organization based in Ancona, Italy. It was founded in 1978 by a group of people who had deeply dedicated but also had the concern to help people in their struggle to exist in this world irrespective of who are and where they are from. Comunità Volontari per il Mondo (CVM) has been working in Ethiopia since 1995, focusing its work on water, hygiene, and sanitation, HIV prevention, and control through socio-health interventions, promotion of social policies and human rights, promoting social inclusion and minority rights, support for training and access to education, leather sector, socio-economic and micro-credit development, decent work for Domestic Workers and safe migration. CVM is being implemented diverse projects in different regions of Ethiopia.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility # 1 Planning
- Plan and implement of CVM WASH project in Semen Ari, Basketo, Geze Gofa, and Demba Gofa woredas of SNNPR.
- Analyze and development of Plans of Action for CVM WASH project.
- Ensure that project activities are by norms and standards of donor and organization, as well as according to available budget lines and limitations.
Job Responsibility # 2 Training and capacity building
- Facilitate the program's overall community capacity building/animation with special emphasis on water sanitation, cooperative, and rural development.
- Promote follow-up up and supervision of trained personnel with the team and stakeholders to provide support, encouragement, and growth in their commitment to the voluntary service they can provide the at community or institutional level.
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Ensure through continuous monitoring that the impacts of the project in the area are sustainable according to the project’s Logical framework.
- Monitor and analyze the impact of CVM WASH project in the area and define the database system to analyze project progress.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual report.
- Write a narrative report on CVM WASH project; documenting the best popular practices in the development of the community, preparing sets of necessary materials, and submission of reports as per the situation, handle correspondence, draft the reports and evaluation, collect needs from the local community.
Job Responsibility #4: Local duty station’s office and staff management
- Ensure sustainable management of CVM resources (Human and Materials) and supervise all the activities in the local duty station.
- Supervise e manage the staff in the local duty station (in relation with, but not limited to: annual leaves, daily working hours, implementation of tasks, properly use of CVM resources).
- Ensure CVM safeguarding and protection policies are implemented by the staff.
- Ensure that the office and the store are well kept, clean and in good order.
- Supervise the correct use and the maintenance status of the vehicles assigned to the duty station.
- Ensure the implementation of correct procurement processes done at local level, according to organization procedures.
- Supervise the use of the financial resources, according to organization procedures.
- Promptly inform the immediate supervisors if any issues arise in relation to the above-mentioned topics or any other topic that could affect CVM’s projects implementation, relationship with beneficiaries and/or local authorities and correct management of human or material resources.
Job Responsibility #5: Other duties
- Identify the topics/contents of the areas of staff improvement and suggest management for the on-job capacity building
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners and local authorities to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement
Essential educational, experience and competency requirements are:
- BSC in Social Studies
- Proved work experience in project management, coordination including team management
- Experience in community animation and WASH construction
- Strong leadership and staff management skills
- Available to work on field base in the different Project areas: Besketo, Semen Ari, Bulki, Sawla
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Excellent in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel mandatory
Proficiency in English, Amharic, and one of the following local languages (Besketigna, Gofigna, or Arigna) both oral and written, strong oral and written communication skills.
CVM is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of our project beneficiaries and staff. It includes but is not limited to sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CVM Safeguarding, employee and child protection policies. CVM has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, volunteers, partners and consultants. To do so, CVM reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment that the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. CVM also has a right to conduct police checks at the time of the recruitment process.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CVM requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks