|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Summary of the position:
The post holder will assume responsibility for project accounting and financial support, general services, office administration, and logistics for the SNV Ethiopia programme (25%) and as well as support the production of Monthly Management Accounts (60%) and others general services (15%) within the satellite office.
- Ensure the introduction and implementation of the concept of financial management and explains its importance to all stakeholders for accountability, ensuring resources are matched to objectives, efficiency, Economic stability.
- To ensure the smooth running of all back-office functions and, support the development and day to day running of projects with budgeting and financial monitoring.
Should you need to refer the full Job description please follow the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17_mLYInbJv8OV9fJePCHoXvZNotX-Otb/view?usp=sharing
Contract Type: Local
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum BSC/BA in Accounting or Finance or Business management –with 8 years’ experience or Diploma with 12 years of experience.
- Experience of managing project budgets: setting up budget structures and preparing internal reports for budget monitoring
- Experience of preparing financial reports that comply with donor regulations
- Experience of different donor financial regulations (e.g. DFID, USAID, EU, EKN, etc)
- Advance excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting software and experience of setting up coding structures to support donor reporting
- Ability to work in close collaboration with team members in a multi-location team
- Strong written communication skills: the ability to present research clearly
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience
- Experience of key institutional donor financial regulations
- Knowledge of SAP accounting software and Vision/Infor Q&A reporting
- Organisation to work effectively
- Influencing others
- Supporting others
- Critical information gathering
- Analytical thinking
- Trust and confidentially
Please apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 3rd July 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with the position title as subject/reference.
Please indicate in your application letter for which location you apply
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.