|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 31, 2019|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CACH cooperates with different partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CACH has successfully been registered as an International Foreign Charity Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are the field of Economic Development, agricultural development, and food security, WASH as well as supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in southern and Eastern Oromia Region and Tigray. CaCH supports and implements currently different projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
The Project Implementation Expert will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the overall implementation of activities expected to contribute to the successful implementation of the project “Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women (EnJOY)” at woreda and district level as part of the Project Implementation Team (PIT) in West Arsi and East Shoa zones.
The Project Implementation Expert (PIE) will work under the direction and guidance of the Field Project Coordinator. The post holder will work in close coordination and alignments with Implementing Partners, Government stakeholders, and Cooperatives.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Facilitate and coordinate overall project implementation at Woreda level
- Work with the project team, partners and government counterparts to achieve the project outputs/outcomes at his/her specific cluster
- Ensure adequate consultation and participation of Woreda and village/community level stakeholders ensuring active participation of women and youth
- Facilitate identification of training needs, Coordinate and deliver training, business plan development and other services to Cooperatives, CBOs and unions
- Provide expertise and advice for community institutions on gender mainstreaming in project scheme
- Provide direct community support in partnership with government stakeholders
- Conduct other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator
- Ensure conducive working environment and enabling team spirit in the field
- Ensure implementation of capacity building plans in close collaboration with the stake holders
Play an active role as a member of Caritas Switzerland Project team
- Identify and explore opportunities to improve project implementation and guarantee its sustainability
- Identify and explore opportunities to grow and expand the country project pipeline, both in relation to the current project (e.g., potential scale-up opportunities, replication in other geographies/regions) or related to new project opportunities
- Contribute to the implementation of Caritas Switzerland’s strategy
- CaCH seeks to employ the one who believe, as we do, that farmers can and will play a key role in achieving long-term rural prosperity in Africa and who seek to deliver on those beliefs by:
- Acting for the long-term, building relationships and delivering long-lasting change for farmers
- Working flexibly, taking advantage of the most effective solutions, whether from the communities, private sector or government
- Sharing knowledge with others, reaching more farmers than we do alone, ensuring effective technologies are widely accessed.
- Being experts in our field, delivering insightful/impactful evidence-based solutions
- Pushing boundaries, being creative with new and old solutions
- 2 (Two) (100%)
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas;
- Bachelors or Masters in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies with specialization training in Agri-business, value chain and rural marketing;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in rural development project with responsibility for the program implementation and resource management;
- Experience in negotiation, coordination and leading a process that involves various actors at a local level;
- Experience in implementing community based projects; ability to liaise activities with various actors, with different interest and in different places;
- full command of the Local working language and English is Mandatory
- Experience in project cycle management such as practical experience in project identification, proposal writing, monitoring, report writing, etc.;
- Experience with EU donor-funded projects preferred
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of a community;
- Good knowledge and experience of accompanying partner-managed projects;
- Assessment, analytical and planning skills;
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills; and
- Ability to work well in a team.
Duty stations will be West Arsi and East Shoa zones. The candidate must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to projects and partner organizations.
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is January 10, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application to be sent to: E-mail: email@example.com