|Date Posted||July 12, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holders will provide overall direction on quality emergency WASH projects/program development and implementation in line with Plan’s global RDM policy and strategy. He/she ensures that quality emergency WASH program delivery is reflected within the entire project cycle and that all field program implementation is undertaken efficiently and effectively. The position holder supports the emergency project/program response team to ensure proactive engagement in the area of networking and collaboration, learning and knowledge management within the broader organization and with other partner organizations.
Dimensions of Role:
- This position is generally based at Shewarobit, Amhara region of Plan International Ethiopia.
- The post holder will report to the Disaster Preparedness and response Head and will be technically responsible for all the emergency response WASH program budget based on the annual and/or multiyear resilience building plan for RRM- WaSH project.
- The post holder will manage all emergency WASH related projects and supervises field based emergency WASH coordinators based at the program area and/or specific project field level. She/he will work to ensure smooth working environment between the country office emergency response team and the field respective staff.
- The post holder is responsible to manage program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of RRM WASH project. The post holder will be part of the national and regional or disaster specific WASH need assessment and proposal design if it needed.
- The post holder support the emergency response and recovery in formulating specific and overall WASH emergency response interventions at all level by planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- She/he ensures smooth teamwork within and across the other response sectors and sustainable development while enhancing integration among others.
- Key components of the position include operationalization of the emergency WASH with its elements of advocacy and networking, developing and strengthening partnerships, engage in resource mobilization and emergency WASH team management.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hydraulic/Civil/Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Health or related field with minimum 5 years of work experience in emergency WASH response.
- Master’s degree on the above-mentioned area is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of key programmatic areas relevant to WASH emergency response under the country program.
- Additional experience and commitment to, and understanding of, participatory approaches to respond for disaster affected people.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a multi-disciplinary team.
The closing date for the application is 16 July 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.