|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Motorola Solutions VESTA NEXT Routing Services is a portfolio of products and services that deliver the critical elements needed to enable and operate a NextGen Core Services (NGCS) solution. The call and multimedia routing subsystem technology is known as VESTA® Router. VESTA Router is responsible for receiving the incoming emergency calls, voice, SMS and multimedia, in a NENA i3 SIP format from the originating service provider (OSP). The VESTA NEXT NG9-1-1 Call Routing Service is specifically designed and engineered to provide a scalable solution that accommodates both legacy and Next Generation call routing.The NGCS Systems Integration team is responsible for the customer specific design elements, solution configuration, integration planning, delivery and performance testing of sold services. This team is measured upon their ability to achieve the design requirements within budget, on-time and according to the terms and conditions of the contractual commitment made with the customer. The NGCS SI team comprises Network Engineering and Project Management resources chartered with delivery of the VESTA NEXT Routing Services. They are supported within the home department by NGCS Technical Services and Telco Solutions team members.
The Senior Project Management Consultant manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services. Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance. Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics. Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status. Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness. Motivates the project team to ensure optimal performance. May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
Scope Of Responsibilities/Expectations
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of NGCS Network Services Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer’s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
- Leads large projects or portions of very complex projects. Directs and coordinates the work activities of the project team to include:
Logistical support including quotes, ordering, tracking and coordinating circuit order installations, adds, moves and changes and billing
Interface with Telecom Carriers to collect and disseminate all support details necessary to process orders including existing contracts, LOAs, CFAs, DLRs, ASRs, PSATs etc.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to both internal and external project stakeholders
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
- Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
- A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
- Involved in the recruitment and management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
7+ years of Project Management experience