|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Currently, Ethiopia is set to have a comprehensive national dialogue which is expected to convene to address a broad set of issues. As part of this effort to build national consensus, Ethiopia ratified the proclamation for the establishment of the Ethiopian National Dialogue Commission, Proclamation No. 1265/2021. Considering the positive roles CSOs can play to ensure women’s representation in the Ethiopian national dialogue, variety of CSOs has established a coalition by the name “Coalition for Women’s Voice in the National Dialogue” aimed at promoting gender inclusivity in every stage of the national dialogue process.
The Coalition for Women’s Voice in the National Dialogue was established on 16 March 2022 with the aim to ensure women’s meaningful representation in the forthcoming Ethiopian National Dialogue process and to ensure that the process responds to and addresses Ethiopian women's needs, perspectives, priorities, and aspirations. With over 45 member civil society organizations, the Coalition operates with seven steering committee members and a secretariat, i.e., TIMRAN. The Coalition finds it necessary to form an independent national dialogue team to look after the Coalition’s activities since it has an exclusive mission to work towards gender inclusive national dialogue. The team will be accountable to the Coalition.
The Project Manager works with the coalition’s team to develop and implement the coalition's advocacy strategy, focused on ensuring equal and meaningful participation of women in the coming Ethiopian National Dialogue.
A project manager is in charge of planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting the project with the use of various project management methodologies, such as block chain and Lean Six Sigma. Sometimes, she/he may even be required to pitch the idea of the project and lead it until its fruition. One of the main role of project manager is to act as a bridge between the upper management and the people who are actually responsible for the execution of the project. She/he need to make sure that the project runs smoothly and stays on schedule. She/he also need to update the progress of the project regularly to the upper management.
Duties and Responsibilities
More precisely, the Project Manager will responsible for:
- Planning and developing the project
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated scope and budget
- Lead the initiation and planning of a project and ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools
- Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks
- Report and escalate to upper management as and when needed
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation
- Developing and leading project team of the coalition
- Establish a deadline and monitor the progress of the project
- Identify and resolve issues that arise within the coalition
- Managing coalition’s financial resources
- Ensure Satisfaction with Stakeholders
- Regular performance evaluation of the project
- Working with women to develop and improve their skill set.
- Perform other related tasks of the coalition
Employment Type: Contract (1 year, with possibility of extension)
- A bachelor's degree in Project management, Management and Leadership, Gender Studies, business management, or a related Social science fields.
- 5 years of relevant project management related experience.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven self-management and team-management skills
- Ability to monitor and control project budgets
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing. Knowledge of any local language is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with other people both as an individual and as a member of a group