|Location||Guji Zone, Negelle, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
COOPI - COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in 1965. COOPI has been implementing both Emergency and Development actions in Ethiopia since 1995. Currently, COOPI has more than 15 projects active in different regions of Ethiopia. The major thematic areas of intervention are food security and livelihood (FSL), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), disaster risk reduction and emergency, energy (solar,carbon credit).
- Prepare the update of the agreement with the region;
- Draft detailed activities workplan;
- Draft the project procurement plan and follow up;
- Draft the project expenditures in the PREPPY (activity lines);
- Attend the grant opening meeting;
- Coordinate and support the Program Coordinator and MEAL Co. to prepare the M&E plan for all projects according to Log Frames
- Preparation and presentation of agreement with the region, consolidate and review draft ToRs for activities implementation (background, methodology, objectives, results, activities, BoQ, Monitoring and post monitoring table linked to result framework, cash, materials, transport)
- Lead weekly meetings requiring the participation of support staff, as needed. Review past weekly activities with the team Solve and/or report to the program coordinator all challenges.
- Approve next weekly plans including movement plan of activities with the team
- Approve weekly movement orders with a direct link with with support staff and logistics departments
- Consolidate monthly activity plan and submit them to the Program Coordinator and HoP
- According to the issue faced: For managerial issues (logistic, HR, transport, procurement, administration, etc.) - Propose and implement solutions with the team, - Solve it directly, - Link with program coordinator, logistics and administration. For technical issues link with the the advisory team
- Manage the activity implementation directly according to the weekly plans. Organize monitoring field visits. Implement the technical solutions negotiated and proposed by the advisory group and managerial decisions negotiated with the program coordinator and if needed the advisory group
- Review the work of the contractors and Implementing Partners, supporting the field level supervision. Follow up and ensure consistency and accountability. Link with the advisory group as necessary to approve completion reports for works
- Lead in the elaboration, preparation and collection of M&E data linking with the program coordinator and MEAL Co.
- Lead in the implementation of baseline, midterm monitoring, post-monitoring survey, end-line surveys and all data collection required for activities implementation, reporting on results and objectives as required by the advisors and ToRs (with Kobo when possible).
- Compile weekly reporting.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit them to the program coordination and M&E officer
- Receive and prepare monthly preppy and submit them to the program coordinator and advisors
- Lead the collection of technical activities reports from the technical team, liaise with the program coordinator and advisory group.
- Compile the first draft of all reports required by the donor and government institutions (interim, final, ad hoc, etc) using data from M&E, monthly reports and technical reports (e.g. post distribution monitoring, completion reports, etc.)
- Participate in grant closing meetings for every closed grant.
- Support the program coordinator to approve project proposals at regional level.
- Attend regional level, Woredas and Kebele level coordination meetings and share key points
- Lead the organization of internal and donors meeting to the project sites, liaising with advisory group and HoM.
- Prepare and meet with donors visiting the sites of implementation
- Provide inputs to the advisor group in the definition of the country strategy within SMT meeting
- Ensure an active participation in relevant technical working group
- Contribute in drafting new project proposals
- Share project ideas and concepts as deemed useful, propose written innovative actions in the area of intervention
- Review and support the collection of information from the area of intervention (Zone, Woredas and Kebele, community, local partners, NGOs, etc.), liaise with the program coordinator, MEAL and advisory group
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
- Academic Background in Environmental Sciences; or Water Resources Management; or Social Sciences, or Political Sciences or related relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant field experience in Humanitarian programs;
- Proven expertise in project implementation and management;
- Sound knowledge of international donors’ procedures such as EU/ECHO, USAid/OFDA and UN projects;
- Excellent reporting writing skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken in the following languages: Amharic and English; Knowledge of Oromifa is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in using Office Package.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong staff management skills;
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking capacity;
- Adequate resilience to stress, positive thinking and solution-oriented;
- Team player and with a good sense of humor;
- Respect of humanitarian principles and COOPI’s Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of Sphere Standards;
- Knowledge of Emergency Shelter and Settlement standards;
- Knowledge of Humanitarian System in Ethiopia.
- Previous experience with COOPI will be considered an asset;
- Able to operate in volatile security contexts;
- Experience in running a project in a conflict situation.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.