|Location||Based in Negele Borena, East guji zone with frequent travel to the project sites, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Project Manager for specific Project entitled ''Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromia, Ethiopia''
Duration of Employment: Definite employment (August 2020 to July 2021)- one year
Main Responsibilities for the position
Project Manager (PjM) is fully responsible for successful implementation of the project entitled ''Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromia, Ethiopia''. PjM is responsible to achieve the specific results in the field in proper quality and time.
Project Manager works under supervision of an Emergency Program manager and with close cooperation HR, Finance, Logistic, M and E, Safeguarding, Engineering departments and another Project Manager working under the same program.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management and successful implementation of emergency response projects. This will include managing the entire components of the project and required deliverable/outcomes, ensuring both technical and management requirements are met, and managing relevant government /stakeholder and donor liaison requirements.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that key organizational principles and core humanitarian values and principles maintained. The project manager is also responsible for ensuring that M&E system, FRM (Feedback and response mechanism) and gender mainstream are well integrated throughout the project cycle; for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
Makes sure that project is implemented as per the project document, time plan and other relevant documents
- Makes sure that the implemented activities are coordinated with partners
- Follows all internal procedures for project implementation, procurement, etc.
- Supervises and manages the team of field coordinator, field officers and site supervisors
- Collects the data from implementation
- Monitoring the overall development of the situation in affected areas and suggest the way forward
- Collaborate with other actors working in the in the project target areas
- Liaison with partner institutions and fulfilling all contractual obligations,
- Reports to relevant Program manager
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Public Health, WASH, Rural development, DRR, Water supply and Sanitation, Civil Engineering, Development studies and other relevant and related fields of studies
- Minimum Four (4) years relevant work experience in Managing emergency/emergency recovery and/or integrated development programme.
- Experience in Project management , team management , budget planning and controlling , reporting experience is very relevant for the position
- Culturally sensitive, the ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Experience in networking, representation and coordination and negotiation skills with government, Donor, community and other agencies.
- Knowledge about core humanitarian standards
- Previous working experience in the INGO environment
- Computer friendly (Word, excel, power point, outlook etc)
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English, and knowledge on local language is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: ( Apply HERE )until August 9, 2020
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: http://www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.