|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are looking for a person for the position of Project Manager to fill a key role in the implementation and management of a project in Bahir Dar.
The selected candidate will be expected to coordinate between Addis Ababa - based African Mosaïque Design Centre and Manufacturing Hub, Bahir Dar University’s Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology (EiTEX) and the Johannesburg-based project implementers, the Africa Craft Trust.
Among the project’s objectives is the set-up of a training program and centre for a craft development project and incubator Hub. The selected candidate will be expected to coordinate between stakeholders, based in Addis Ababa and overseas.
The project is set to run until October 2021.
Successful Candidate will be expected to;
- Oversee and participate in establishment of the project components;
- Be capable of managing project finances and report on financial expenditure;
- Coordinate and work with experts who will be contracted to provide training
- Oversee the activities of staff assigned to the project as needed;
- Coordinate with staff from the project partners
Start date: Immediately
- Ability to coordinate and manage stake holders working together on a project with diverse elements.
- Ability to manage project funding as well as the ability to manage staff and project partners.
- Great flexibility, dedication to young designers and craft artisans.
- Ability to maintain and track expenditure as well as work with a suitably qualified administrative person to ensure paid invoices and account records is maintained.
- The Project Manager will be expected to work closely with and report to the stake-holders
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Self-Management / Emotional Intelligence
- Working in Teams
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking and Results Orientation
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite programmes - Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- The minimum educational level required is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting or related subjects
- Have a suitable background in administration and project management;
- General experience of administration, goods and services procurement, and inventory maintenance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous project management experience.