|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Contract |
Summary of project office
Public Servants social security Agency has established Project Management office (PMO) to provide leadership, organization and coordination of the implementation of Integrated social security Administration system project. Its key activities include program planning supporting governance, managing project managers activities. Moreover, it ensures all projects administered by the PMO align to the national and international standards, policies, and by-laws as well as to the best practices and state-of-the-art technology and up-to-date methodology for program and project management.
Bachelor or Master Degree in information Science, Computer Science, Computer (Software) Engineering.
Eight years for Bsc or six years for Msc professional experience of which at least four years experience in program/project leadership position. This position requires a strong multi-stakeholders management and technology management experience. It also requires development, ITapplication infrastructure tools, processes,project and program management disciplines. Most important of all, the individual that is assigned to this position must manage at least 2 large government software application development projects(s) or operation(s) with the same or more complexity level to this assignment in the last three years.
Term of the contract
one year contract starting from the signing date of the contract with possible extension.
The duty station for the assignment shall be in the PSSSA office (Arat kilo)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The project management office (PMO) Manager is responsible for managing mainly major ISSAS project components and phases through the assignment of appropriately skilled resources to asses, analyses,initiate, plan, execute, control, implement report and close assigned project components,
- This position must assess project complexity to determine appropriate staffing, quality assurance, project methodology and criteria for development partner/vendor involvement,
- The PMO manager is responsible for coordinating and assigning project resources to support the implementation of Social Security Administration system, Local and Wide Area Networking and Digitization of regional and branch offices of the agency,
- The PMO manager is responsible for coordination of the hiring, training,montoring, coaching and guiding for project/management human resources,
- This position requires the ability to work on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously, frequently with short and competing time line. It requires maintenance of tight deadlines and close coordination of a large number of tasks with ICT staffs of the agency and project resources as well as multiple external partner developers and consultants (software infrastructure, etc). At times weekend and evening work will necessary to meet customer and/or organizational needs, occasional travel might be required and some evenings the scope and weekend work is normal,
- Determine the scope and clear business objectives and the critical success factors of the project,
- Prepare draft project plan submit for approval of CEO of the agencyand upon Securing approval communicate to project teams and all stakeholders,
- Review the project plan regularly throughout the project,
- Plan, manage and maximize utilization of project resources,
- Implement and manage project change control procedures,
- Manage the Agency’s expectations and ensure the execution of the project with in the approved scope and time frame,
- Ensure that the project receives adequate support and positive publicity in all levels of the organizations affecting, or affected by the project,
- Produce project dashboard and hold project meetings on a regular basis, with project team(s) and separately with the steering committee to ensure hat project is on track,
- Monitor quality of deliverables according to the methodology and standards defined in the project charter document and maintain project file and documentation,
- Arrange for the signing of contract between the agency and the supplier of the selected software in consultation with the legal team of the agency,
- Identify training and further development needs in collaboration with vendor assigned project manager and co-ordinate the delivery of the training,
- Monitor project costs in relation to the approved budgets, and high light any potential problems,
- Perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required,
- Ensure all the comments and advises of the regulatory and advisory body are included in all phases to the project,
- The project management office (PMO) Manager is expected to work in line with the job description that will be attached with contract agreement document.
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit their CV and original testimonials with non-returnable copies with in 10 working days of this announcement on newspaper to Human Resource Administration Directorate, office N.O. 314
Address:- FDRE Public Servants Social Security Agency. Arat Kilo, Tel. 011 1240590