|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN THORACIC SOCIETY (ETS) is a professional society in Ethiopia, established in 2014, by professionals in the field of Pulmonary &Critical Care Medicine. Its goals are to improve the quality of health care and equity of the delivery of health through improving the medical and research knowledge and skills of the fellow members and educating the public at large in chest, pulmonology and related fields. The society is collaborating locally and internationally with governmental and nongovernmental organization working in this field and other similar societies. The position is contractual bases (Annual) and will be renewed based on performance and funds available.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Submitting progress reports to stakeholders (Government and Donors)
- previous experiences in conducting Facility based researches, surveys etc.
- Taking responsibility of projects through their entire lifecycle.
- Managing project budgets.
- Communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of a project.
- Regularly review and analyze the project scope
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Continuously monitor the progress of projects outcome, budgetsand other organizational activities
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the team
- A Master’s Degree in Public health, Project Management or related field is required.
Required Experiences and skills
- A minimum of at least 4 years of relevant and progressive professional experience is required, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects.
- . Previous experiences in working using analytic software such as Epi info, SPSS, Stata etc is necessary.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills preferably in NGOs.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Excellent communication skill
- Prior NGO experience is an asset
The above requirements are invited to submit their CV together with cover letter within 7 calendar days from the date of this announcement to Personnel Administration Office
Address: AAU /CHS new Library building office No.303
Or with the following email address.
Phone : +251920 03 04 65
We strongly encourage females to apply for this Job.