|Location||Gondar with frequent travel to project areas, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Management and leadership:
- Provide proactive leadership and management to add value on ERNE and other program/projects implementing in North & Central Gondar in line with the country development strategy.
- Provide close and appropriate technical and managerial support for district program managers and other program team
Prepare detail and comprehensive activity, implementation and procurement plans and detailed budget with clear timeframes for the ERNE and other program/project Ø implementing in North and central Gondar as per Concern Worldwide standards.
- Conduct situational analysis and prepare comprehensive report and submit to immediate supervisors and concerned staff for further action.
- Prepare proposal document as per the government format and program implementation agreement for the signing of project agreement based on donor approved proposal document under the guidance of line manager.
- Provide technical and supportive supervision to support Concern field staff and/ or project stakeholder to implement the activities with standard quality.
- Provide appropriate training and orientation to field team members or/ and project stakeholder on the objective, strategies, target group, etc.
- Design and develop reporting format in collaboration with MEAL section and sectoral advisor and Program MEAL department for the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar;
- Work with the MEAL and Mainstreaming Cross cutting officers to ensure that M&E system provides appropriate and adequate information for learning and timely decision making and that staffs maintain systematic data collection and analysis.
- Effectively use regular M&E feedback to adjust programming and ensure relevance.
- Conduct surveys and assessment related to ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar, routine weekly and monthly data collection, operational research and other research undertaken under the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar.
- Guide the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar team to develop and use innovative approaches to monitor the performance of the program activities within development and resilience and nutrition & health components.
- Produce and share a monthly, quarterly report, plus an annual reports for Concern, government and Donor of the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar which highlighting key progress, achievements and challenges.
- Conduct Participate in the writing of surveys reports, technical reports or other reporting related to the different components of ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar;
- Maintain overall responsibility for the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar budget management ensuring adherence to Concern Worldwide and donor rules & procedures and time tables for financial reporting;
- Ensuring strict adherence to Concern Ethiopia Financial Procedures and Fraud Policy and remaining within the boundaries of these policies at all times;
- Prepare and communicate detailed budget plan of ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar in line with financial format [Donor and Concern Worldwide]
- Responsible to control and ensure proper utilization of the budget allocated to each sector of the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar and ensure that activities are implemented according to quality required as per agreed plans;
- Ensure that the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar budget are responsive to cost and value for money; Ø Prepare and submit monthly cash request for the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar
- Check and ensure the financial utilization report from the management account is correctly in line with the narrative activity report and planned budget and provide feedback;
- Ensure that the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar budget utilization reviewed regularly and give proper feedback on timely manner using the management account.
- Responsible and take leading role to do ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar budget revision as per the Concern Worldwide and donors time frame and communicate on timely manner.
- Participate in and support Management Team in strengthening coordination and collaboration within teams and across all teams, maintain and ensure constructive communications, contribute to a positive working environment.
- Work closely with Support and System staff in HR development and management, including setting objectives and conducting performance reviews of staff under her/his supervision, identifying training needs and supporting implementation of training and development plans.
- Provide regular technical and supervision support or coach field staffs to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities;
- Effectively manage staff under his/her supervision
- Prepare and review PDR for staff regularly as per Concern Worldwide HR manual.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the line manager and/or PD emergency.
Transport and logistics
- Oversee the transport and Logistics unit functions is in line with professional principles and Concern Ethiopia’s rules and regulation
- Follows-up the independent validation of accurate materials and commodities receipt by end users (partners, satellite stores at construction sites) and ensures proper maintenance of records at various levels of the program.
- Makes periodic field visit to ensure that materials issued are utilised according to laid down procedures; undertakes random checks at field stores to monitor quality of storage and stock counts,
- Provide recommendations to the district team and transport & logistics unit on steps to be taken to improve Inventories Management Systems and discarding of non-usable items.
- In general responsible to oversee the purchasing and transport functions is implementing/running as per the Concern Worldwide procedures and guidelines.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- The ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar indicators are clearly established and an effective M and E plan is developed as well as systems that ensure effective data collection;
- Support, actively participate and orient consultants undertaking technical support studies, surveys and evaluations.
Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Concern’s ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar strategy, with regular field and desk monitoring Ø of the ERNE program activities.
- Ensure that data management is simple and consistent allowing easy access and recall for performance management, evaluation and analysis;
- Clear reporting responsibilities and timeframes established within the team allowing timely production of reports on expenditure and –in-kind support;
- Design and develop appropriate data bases in collaboration with MEAL department and properly collect, document and share the appropriate information.
- Take lead in regular monitoring and evaluation activities of the program.
- Prepare monitoring checklist and schedule and share with MEAL Department and sectoral Advisors on time.
- Conduct planned regular monitoring visits and organize discussions to ensure efficient and effective implementation of programs.
- Plan and Undertake regular technical and supportive supervision support field visit and ensure the implementation of the planned activities are in line with program document and standard quality.
- Prepare and share monitoring and other technical support filed visit report on the major finding of the ERNE and other program/project implementing in North and central Gondar implementation
Networking and Collaboration
- Work closely with the key Zonal and Woreda government sector offices as well as with the Zonal committee for Emergency, Food Security, Natural Resource Management and Agriculture, etc. committee.
- Liaise with intervening partners (International NGOs, Consortium Partners-)
- Promote and protect the reputation of Concern Worldwide in Ethiopia in external settings, ensuring that the organization’s experience and expertise is well communicated and consistently presented, and that we are looked to as a professional organization.
- Participate in various networks and collaboration forum with government and other relevant organizations related with the program for learning and experience sharing.
- Design and implement appropriate methods/ways to mainstream all cross cutting issues like accountability, gender, inequality, HIV/AIDS, DRR and controlling the spread of COVID-19 in line with Concern Worldwide guidelines.
Safety and Security
- Respect the Ethiopia Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the safety and security of staff working under her/his supervision in line with the Security Management plan (SMP) and Safety First guidelines.
- Act as the Grant Owner for assigned projects
- Conduct grant management meetings (opening, review, close out) as per the agreed schedule and ensure the documented minutes and presentations are filed
- Ensure all relevant staff prepare for and participate in grant management meetings
- Ensure timely follow up of action points following grant management meetings
- Conduct a monthly meeting reviewing programme progress, expenditure, procurement and recruitment process, agree action points and ensure timely follow up
Conduct a quarterly programme review, agree corrective action and ensure timely follow Ø up and completion of action points
- Ensure that the grant management folder for each project is continuously maintained and updated and that all documents in the folder are final documents
- Have a strong understanding of donor compliance relating to each grant and ensure that projects are implemented in line with donor compliance requirements
Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the line manager and/or PD- Emergency.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, WASH, Nutrition, Agriculture, Rural development, DRR and other relevant fields of studies with three and six years relevant experience in an emergency and/or development context respectively;
- Experience of managing multi-sectorial teams
- Financial management capacity and experience of donor compliances
- Good analytical, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent ability to write good quality reports in English.
Minimum of 3 years NGO management ExperienceCompetencies:
- Excellent networking, representation and coordination and negotiation skills with government and other agencies.
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
- The ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Managing emergency/emergency recovery and/or integrated development programme.
- Good administrative skills
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge of at least two sectors- WASH, Agriculture/ Resilience, Nutrition or Health
|Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy. Please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:|
Ethiojobs.net OR Apply in person at our Office in Kombolcha 04 Kebelle near BGI Ethiopia beer factory
Phone call is strictly forbidden. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Women are highly encouraged to apply