|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2020|
|Category|| Secretary |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Post Title: Administrative Assistant Grade: C
Department: Operations, Ethiopia Country Office May 2020
Summary Scope of Work:
The Administrative Assistant will work for the Jhpiego Ethiopia Office as a receptionist, act as Office Manager and provide secretarial support to programs and operations.
- Position Reports To: Administration Manager
- Position Supervised: Office Assistants and Office Clerks
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- model the mission and values stated above
- participate in the business development process
- contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial support to all staff members.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing correspondences and file in a proper manner.
- Ensure all incoming mail is distributed to the appropriate persons in a timely manner and that all outgoing mail reaches its destination within a reasonable period of time. And maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Take minutes of different meetings as requested.
- Arrange hotels bookings Jhpiego staff members and international visitors
- Book Flights for Jhpiego staff based on approved travel request considering fare evaluation for international tickets. Follow up with itineraries and respond to travelers queries about lodging in country. Provide International visitors with necessary support including organization of security brief, mobile phones, etc.
- Receive and direct all incoming calls to the appropriate Jhpiego staff.
- Ensure that all visitors are greeted promptly and directed to the appropriate office and/or personnel.
- Ensure that someone is present at all times in the reception area to greet visitors and answer phone calls.
- Make appointments upon request, photocopying, placing telephone calls and receiving telephone messages.
- Schedule, confirm and/or organize appointments, meetings, business-related travel for authorized travels and other commitments as requested.
- Handle and manage Jhpiego’s petty cash according to finance procedures.
- Ensure reception area is kept clean and presentable for guests and staff.
- Ensure preparation of tea and coffee for staff and guests of the office and making sure that items like coffee & tea stuff, glass, spoon, forks…etc. are available and enough for office staff usage.
- Keep up-to-date lists of names and addresses of partner organizations, officials of the host government ministers, members of the diplomatic corps and emergency services for use by office staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list of all numbers of Jhpiego staff and distribute to all staff on a regular basis.
- Organize the scheduling of conference rooms for Jhpiego.
- Maintain newspapers and important library materials.
- Arranging courier (DHL and EMS) mail to the staff.
- Arranging monthly standing operation internal meetings, taking and distributing minutes and action points.
- Ensure that the visa & work and residence permits and other legal documentation for local and international staff, guests and visitors are handled appropriately.
- Ensure the vendor payment for the air ticket purchase is settled on time.
- Controls coffee/tea stuffs and water consumption and maintain a register to track monthly, quarterly and semi-annual consumption to the Administration Manager with copy to HR and Operations Director.
- Supervise the Office Assistants and Office Clerks and provide appropriate guidance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup.
- Flexible and willing to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Computer literacy and ability to use MS Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook, and web based intranet platform.
- Bachelor Degree in Secretarial Science and Office Management, or other business related fields.
- 3- 4 years proven progressive working experience in secretarial, receptionist and record keeping areas in iNGOs.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Amharic is required.
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
- Applicants must specify the location applied for if the vacancy is for more than one location.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is September 9, 2020.