|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
In Ethiopia, Plan has more than 25 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently PIE mainly operates in seven geographical areas; Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Addis Ababa City Administration on different projects funded by different donors including sponsorship.
Plan International Ethiopia's main purpose is to seek Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls, and Young Women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIE will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly 2.1 million Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2020-2024 and to reach an additional 6.3 million beneficiaries through its interventions.
This role will manage the implementation of European Union funded project titled “Safe and quality education for girls and boys in displacement situations in Ethiopia and Somalia” under the programme of “Building Resilience in Crisis through Education” for its component at Ethiopia level. The project intended to address Education program needs in Gambella refugee camps and the surrounding host communities. The project has also Child protection component which expect this position to have coordination with child protection program, gender component to be integrated and it demands the follow up of Project Manager.
The job holder responsible to facilitate integrated programming in joint areas of operation with a focus on: cross-learning, downward accountability, monitoring integration aspects and producing consolidated narrative reports and facilitates effective working relationships amongst BRiCE project consortium partners and represent PIE in different coordination forums of the consortium, partners and stakeholders meetings, workshops and events as necessary and delegated. In such a way, her/his work directly contributes to the realization of Plan’s purpose and provides effective and efficient technical guidance and support towards the successful implementation of BRiCE project in Ethiopia as an integral part of Plan’s emergency response within the framework of Plan Ethiopia’s Country Strategic Plan.
BRiCE Project Manager will be responsible to coordinate with Project Coordinator basing at Gambella level. The project is implemented in partnership with other local education institutions, government institutions, and UNHCR. Moreover, the project demands coordination with technical persons at UKNO level. The Project Manager will have the overview of a significant budget for the share in Ethiopia and will support a consistent field team. Synergy with other development projects currently under implementation in Gambella Program area.
The Project Manager is also responsible to produce quality reporting for the implemented project activities and communicating closely with Consortium team leader (CTL) and Consortium MEAL manager on the quality control of reporting.
Responsibility of supporting the research component of BRiCE project in collaboration with University of Sussex and Gambella University is the other dimension of the Project Manager role
Qualification and experience requirements:
- BA/BSc or MA/MSc University degree in Social Work, Sociology, Education, Development, or any related Social Science fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in management and coordination of humanitarian and development programs/projects in Ethiopia.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programs/projects implemented in Gambella.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to refugees in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Development programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Humanitarian programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Child Protection and Safeguarding programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in programs/projects with International NGOs in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Education in Emergencies programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to both refugees and host communities in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to the nexus humanitarian/development in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects having social cohesion or peaceful coexistence components in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects having gender equality components in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects having research components in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
· English and other national languages
The closing date for the application in June 19, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.