|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SNV is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Project Manager - position of Sida-funded program “Livelihoods Improvement for Women and Youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia-(LI-WAY)”. The program will be implemented by consortium partners with SNV as a lead and including Mercy Corps, TechnoServe and Save the Children International. The program aims to improve the livelihoods of 200,000 poor people with a focus on youth and women by increasing their income and access to economic opportunities. The program will achieve this through activating, catalyzing, and promoting market–based solutions to address systemic constraints that undermine the potential of selected sub-sectors in creating jobs and increasing income for women, youth, and the poor in Addis Ababa.
Required Educational and Technical Knowledge
- High level (Master’s Degree or the equivalent) documented education and training in relevant disciplines – such as international development, business, economics, trade, financial systems, urban development, labour markets or a related field of study – appropriate for leading a market-based approach to employment and social protection in urban contexts.
- Relevant technical expertise documented theoretical knowledge and understanding of and considerable (at least 5 years) practical experience from applying an M4P (Market for the Poor) approach.
- Substantial documented experience (at least 10 years) of design and implementation of development co-operation projects or programmes in relevant fields in developing countries, of which at least 5 years in Sub-Saharan African countries and/or conflict-affected areas.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting youth and gender engagement, and social mobilization of women and youth
Required Management Competence
- Demonstrated ability and substantial experience of programme management responsibilities from large-scale, complex and responsive development co-operation programmes.
- Demonstrated excellent ability and experience of managing a programme and its organization in a flexible and entrepreneurial manner, with a facilitative approach, while retaining a strong focus on results orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, dialogue and human-resource management skills and proven team-building ability, necessary to support, motivate and mentor staff and partners engaged in a challenging and market-development oriented programme structure.
- Ability to create a creative, open-minded, learning, constructive and innovative working environment.
- Ability to incorporate or otherwise work with local organizations and actors with knowledge about and experience from the relevant Ethiopian context, to utilize and ensure their capacity and continuous capacity development and to otherwise adapt ways of working accordingly.
- Additional management skills, necessary to meet programme requirements in terms of coordination, coherence and consistency of programme implementation, financial management, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting engagement and social mobilization of women and youth
- Excellent/very good documented analytical skills,
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English,
- Self-reliant in computer skills,
- Other relevant knowledge and specific experiences related to the aims and focus of the programme within the context of Ethiopia.
Please apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before or on 15th July 2021
All information will be in the strictest confidence and in accordance with GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement