|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Profile of the Well in Action
The Well in Action (TWA) is an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization. TWA intervention in Ethiopia is to contribute to sustainable improvement of living conditions of the small holder farmers and deprived people. This can be achieved by performing projects which focus on improving agricultural productivity, and stimulating entrepreneurship that are implemented both in rural and urban contexts.
Main purpose of the Position
The purpose of the Project Manager (PM) position is to provide overall coordination for ensuring the implementation and accomplishment of the objectives of the project under his/her responsibility in line with The Well in Action, goals, and program principles, standards, approaches and Long-Range Strategic Plan. In consultation with the Executive Director/Program Manager and in collaboration with the project staff she/he develops annual implementation plans and budget, allocates appropriate resources to accomplish the plan, and ensures that an appropriate monitoring system is emplace to track progress and deviations of project implementation. He/she establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key government partners and NGOs working in the same geographic areas.
- Organizes the implementation process of all set targets of the projects;
- Ensures that all staff have updated monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
- Periodically visits field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the project staff and management as well as propose recommendations for improved performance;
- Shares draft plans with project management team, staff and partners involved in the implementation and incorporate their input into the plan;
- Maintains ongoing communication with project stakeholders regarding project progress and challenges; based on past accomplishments and achievements adjusts project targets, strategies, resources and delegation of responsibilities to ensure appropriate progress toward project objectives;
- Submits annual plans as per established schedules to all project stakeholders.
- Ensure that all project staff have appropriate individual operational plans linked to project priorities;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals;
- Ensures that project under his/her supervision include an appropriate log-frame and baseline design;
- Organizes a monitoring system to collect baseline or periodic data for tracking project performance and decision making;
- Plans and conducts quarterly and annual project review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Write monthly/quarterly/annual comprehensive and high-quality project progress reports;
- In collaboration with finance staff prepares annual budget based on project proposal and ensures compliance with donor requirements;
- Ensures appropriate utilization of fund codes for charging budget expenditures;
- Monitor monthly budget burn rates and make adjustment when needed.
Reports To: Executive Director (ED)
Responsible For: The Organization Programs
Number of Position: One
Work Location: Addis Ababa (Frequent travel to the Projects)
Duration: One Year (possibility of Extension)
- Bachelor degree in rural development, agriculture, forestry, education, social science, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5-7 years of work experience and at least three to five years’ work experience on Project Management
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Concept paper development, operational planning, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, report writing;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Firm belief in teamwork; and transparent
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (preferable)
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting requirements;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Respect, integrity, excellence, building partnership, initiating action, planning and organizing. Demonstrate a confident, enthusiastic, positive and energetic approach, with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project