|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
To control, direct and co-ordinate all members of the project team, to ensure that all aspects of the project are successfully completed
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Will ensure preparation of the Project Quality Plan at project commencement
- Will go through the project scope of work such as drawings, specification, Quality Plans, Contracts, project program
- Will organize, direct, coordinate and motivate the project team members
- Will plan and establish the work breakdown structure and budget in accordance with estimates for cost control
- Will ensure that procurement schedules for both material and sub-contractors are planned, scheduled and maintained
- Will continually improve the work process and the output of the project team
- Will control and direct all sub-contractors to ensure the execution and quality of their obligation
- Will prepare weekly and monthly status of the project for the client representative
- Will optimize and implement man power management, SAFETY policies and procedures
- Will ensure compliance with the stated quality control and requirement of the project
- Will ensure adherence to the requirement of Quality Plan
- Will complete project on time, with quality and within budget
- Will prepare the project organization chart
- Will establish and maintain the trades and labour workforce
- Will ensure on site induction training is carried out
- Will ensure the Commercial Department Plan the project cash flow chart at early stage of the project.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering/Construction Technology Management/related field or Diploma in Building and Construction
- Minimum 10 years and above experience with at least 5 years as a PM.
- The ideal candidate shall have an international experience/or worked with international companies here in Ethiopia – or must have a proven track record of the successful management of an end to end project execution.
- High rise building experience – for Building PM
- High end complex infrastructure experience (road, railway, airfield, bridge etc) - for Infrastructure PM
- High end complex Water and energy experience (irrigation, hydro-power, waste water management etc) - for Water and Energy PM.