|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 45 years. Currently CACH cooperates with four partners in Ethiopia. CACH has successfully been registered as an International Non-Government Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CACH’s main working fields are: Climate, Income, Migration as well as Humanitarian Aid Responses. CACH current working areas are in Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray. CACH supports and implements currently about ten projects in these regions. CACH supports and implements different projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
The Project Manager is working under direct supervision of the Country Director, CACH CO at Addis Ababa and under technical supervision of the Humanitarian Aid Coordinator, based in Addis Ababa. The person selected will be the reference and the representative of the Project in the field, monitor and supervise the respective activities at the same time as they go about its implementation in order to guarantee that the objectives are met in line with the policies and strategies of CACH. The PM will also be a point of contact for project coordination with implementing partners at field and national level. At the same time, the project manager constantly monitors the context of the project area in order to propose adaptations in the project, propose new interventions, and react to emergencies. The PM must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to project sites.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Represent CACH in the project area in relation to all project matters
- Present, explain and defend CACH project to secure the agreement of regional, Zonal and woreda level government offices; and secure the collaboration of woreda sector offices during the implementation of the project;
- Liaise with implementing CACH partner, other potential local actors, private sector, community institutions for collaboration and attainment of project goal; Actively attend and contribute to Zone and woreda level NGO for a as well as donor and other relevant for a and network events.
Periodic project planning activities at the project level
- Lead coordinated planning process of the project with the project managers of co-implementing partners;
- Prepare realistic and participatory detail implementation plan (DIP) adequately broken down into annual, quarterly, monthly and bi-weekly plans;
- Engage community and private actors (producers, transporter, sellers) in the planning process.
Project implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Facilitate disbursement of funds for timely procurement, labor mobilization, transportation and supervision of project activities;
- Translate DIPs into daily and weekly activity plan that can be clearly understood and followed by the project team;
- Ensure that daily activity schedules are respected and timely actions are taken in case of failure;
- Ensure implementation responsibilities are properly shared among the signatories of the project and the community. Not engaging all actors could entail willingness to shoulders not only failures but also possible damages and bad turnouts;
- Collect timely data for compilation of quarterly report to Woreda and Zone government (depending on project agreement this could be an overall project report including that of the other co-implementing partners);
- Compile an overall bi-annual and annual report for CACH internally and for back donors.
Provide Leadership and Resource management
- Supervise, coach and motivate staffs assigned in the project and required involve in HR management of project staffs with the consultation of CD/ DCD;
- Acts as security focal person for the the assigned working area.
Required Number: one (1)
- The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below-mentioned areas;
- Bachelors or Masters in Agriculture/plant science, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development with specialization training in Agri-business, value chain and rural marketing;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in rural development project out of which 2 years in managerial position with responsibility for the program implementation and resource management;
- Ability to represent the organization in negotiation, coordination and leading a process that involves various actors at a local level and to act as a part of a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team
- Experience in implementing community based projects; ability to liaise activities with various actors, with different interest and in different places;
- full command of the Local working language and English is Mandatory
- Experience in project cycle management (annual action plan and definition of the strategy, activities, proposal writing, logical framework, work plan, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, etc.;
- Experience at field work in Value chain, rural marketing and/or Food security and Livelihood
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of a community;
- Good knowledge and experience of accompanying partner-managed projects;
- Assessment, analytical and planning skills;
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills; and ability to work well in a team
Duty stations will be Tigray Region, Mekelle. The candidate must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to projects and partner organizations.
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is June 24, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Application to be sent to: E-mail: email@example.com