|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
KEMMCOM is a strategic advisory firm operating in the nexus of business, government, and civil society and delivering value-added services to support business growth, mission advancement, risk mitigation and the building of sustainable entities with solid reputations. As a dynamic company based on Africa’s political and influence capital Addis Ababa, we embody Ethiopia’s and Africa’s DNA of multiculturalism and deliver to clients services that bring in our international experience adapted to the local context of our clients.
KEMMCOM’s Corporate Affairs Practice Area supports public, private, and non-profit organisations in the management of their corporate reputation through strategic alliances, in-depth understanding of their operating environments, and regulatory support. It goes beyond communication and generating positive reviews in media and supports a holistic engagement through robust stakeholder management, risk identification, 21st century engagement, and implementation of public affairs and public policy projects. Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Corporate Affairs, the Project Manager manages projects for KEMMCOM across all practice areas and supports the head of practice in the development of the Corporate Affairs Practice Area. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in law, economics, and/or strictly regulated industry like pharmaceuticals, medicine, and others with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, project management, and organisational skills. The Project Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and will supervise project associates and interns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads KEMMCOM’s proposal development, submission, and follow-up processes by coordinating team members, coaching associates and interns, and streamline the process from start to finish.
- Develop and implement a targeted information gathering, stakeholder mapping, and engagement for KEMMCOM and its clients.
- Leads project start processes including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field; hiring local staff; sourcing vendors and subcontractors; and managing office and in-house arrangements, preparation of project planning documents, budgeting templates, project tracking, and reviews.
- Develop, executive and monitor small to large scale projects from start to finish.
- Co-leads research on the company strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other areas as part of the work of providing inputs to the strategy development process
- Compiles case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories
- Lead the organisation of events including workshops, seminars, training, and presentations for senior members of the team
- Leads the monitoring process of different projects to ensure they adhere to KEMMCOM’s quality standards.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the team’s ability to execute on projects.
- Co-leads the process of strengthening the practice area by providing in-depth research, policy analysis, and contributions to the publishing of research by the company.
- Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and followsthrough on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Co-leads the statutory and regulatory affiliations of the company in the assigned practice area including broad stakeholder group of public and private sector actors.
- Manages strategic and operational relationships with different stakeholders and follows up on outstanding operational matters.
Projected start date: 15th January 2022
- A Masters degree in Law, Economics, Medicine, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
Experience and skillset
- Five years of experience in a similar role at a public, private, and non-profit organisation with a large and complex stakeholder footprint.
- Excellent project management experience with a track record of leading and executing large scale public relations, public affairs, communications, and sustainability projects.
- Detailed understanding of the business, political and policy space including technology policy, digital ecosystems, ESG, taxation, and telecoms.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
- Expert level is written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability