|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ –International Services/ Bavarian Office for Africa
Announcement Number 001/21
Required No. - One (1)
Field of activity
The Bavarian Office for Africa is under the authority of the Bavarian State Chancellery and promotes the development and expansion of long-term partnerships between African and Bavarian actors in politics, business, science and culture.
The Bavarian Office for Africa specifically works on the topics of economic relations and vocational training, education and science, agriculture and the environment as well as public administration.
Geographically, the work of the Office focuses primarily on Bavaria’s four partner regions in Africa: Ethiopia, Senegal, South Africa (Gauteng and Western Cape provinces) and Tunisia. It equally works on pan-African initiatives led by the African Union.
- Conceive, initiate, develop, monitor and report on concrete cooperation projects between African and Bavarian actors in the following areas
- Economic relations and vocational training
- Education and science
- Agriculture and environment
- Public administration
- Support the Managing Director with monitoring, research and reporting on political and socio-economic developments in Ethiopia, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia and at the level of the African Union
- Provide substantive and logistical support in the conception and organization of events of the Bavarian Office for Africa
- Provide substantive and logistical support in the cooperation with government agencies, project partners and institutions in Ethiopia and Bavaria
- Provide substantive and logistical support in the conception and organization of delegation trips to Africa by the Bavarian State Government or the Bavarian Parliament
- Represent the Bavarian Office for Africa in all matters in case of absence of the Managing Director
- A university degree with above-average grades, preferably with a strong profile in the field of economics, business or law.
- Ethiopian citizenship or a valid work permit for Ethiopia
- At least 5-10 years of practical professional experience in the fields of economics/business/politics/development practice in gradually increasing positions of responsibility
- Practical experience in the private sector in Africa as well as experience abroad would be a great advantage
- Very good communication skills both in writing and speaking
- Very good knowledge of Amharic and English both in writing and speaking; French, Arabic or German would be an advantage
- Profound understanding of the political, historical, economic and cultural context in Ethiopia and on the African continent
- Ability and desire to work in a small and flexible team
- Confident appearance
- Reliability, autonomy of work and high commitment
- Willingness to travel within Ethiopia
Interested and qualified applicants shall submit their application letter and updated CV to the following address email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants who are considered for the position will be contacted.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer!