|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
|Category|| Facility Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods. ZOA has a zero tolerance to Safeguarding, Child & Adult Safeguarding, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuses.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families.
Provide management, coordination and direction for the EU Trust Fund “Promoting stability and strengthening basic service delivery for host communities, refugees and other displaced population in Gambella Regional State (GRS) of Ethiopia” project. This includes managing human resource, managing partner and stakeholder relationships; project deliverables; financial management, internal and external reporting and external representation.
1. Project Management:
Work with area manager, finance and M&E team to:
- Ensure project planned activities are implemented in line with the agreed work plans and budgets; successfully delivers against timeframes, milestones, output and outcome targets/objectives.
- Ensure project team and partner staff are skilled and use the appropriate systems and tools for project management
- Support development of annual work plan with milestones and budget; ensure plans are reviewed and updated quarterly
- Review financial and activity progress at least monthly, taking corrective actions to ensure timely and quality implementation
- Ensure that all issues and risks are identified, documented and mitigating actions taken.
- Lead monthly project review meetings with project team and key stakeholders and quarterly steering committee meetings.
- Ensure ZOAs financial and procurement procedures are adhered to by project team and partners
- Maintain project files and document control procedures according to ZOA policies
2. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In coordination with Programme Quality team and global M&E team, ensure good M&E practices are embedded, including documentation of good practices and case studies for visibility and reporting
- Ensure a culture of learning and knowledge sharing between staff and partners as well as ZOA Ethiopia team members
- Ensue the delivery of timely and accurate progress reports for decision making and information purposes for the country office management team, headquarters, donors, stakeholders and local government
3. Partnership Management:
- Maintain and strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones to ensure delivery of objectives; ensure application of ZOA’s people first principles and values in the partnerships
- Ensure partners are engaged in project planning and review processes
- Jointly identify partner’s technical and capacity needs and implement a capacity building plan to ensure quality project implementation.
- Conduct monthly support supervision visits to partners to support the partnerships and ensure quality standards; provide on the job coaching and support as needed;
- Identify, maintain and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen project impact and sustainability after project closure
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and coordination with project consortium members (IRC, OSSHD) as well as other NGOs, government, and UN agencies implementing and monitoring peacebuilding program in Gambella
- Represent ZOA at cluster meetings, events and meetings as appropriate.
4. Project Team management:
- Manage, coach and motivate a high performing project team within the performance management framework, ensuring application of ZOA’s values
- Ensure all staff have a performance agreement with agreed objectives and conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports
- Ensure staff fully understand ZOA’s project management and peacebuilding approaches and put in place an appropriate training plan.
- Engage staff in project planning and review; supporting them to identify linkages between their work and delivery of ZOAs goals
- Professionally recruit and manage all consultants ensuring that their work is delivered as per the workplan and is contextualized to the operating environment.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines – such as peace and conflict, international development, refugee rights, displacement and migration - appropriate for leading a peace building and social cohesion in refugee and internally displaced people contexts.
- Relevant technical expertise and considerable (at least 5 years) practical experience of applying peace building approaches.
- Considerable experience (at least 5 years) of design and implementation of relief and development in relevant fields in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting youth and gender engagement,
Required Management Competence
- Personal qualities of integrity and commitment to ZOA’s mission
- Demonstrated ability and substantial experience of programme management responsibilities in relief, refugee and consortium programmes.
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level, with a facilitative approach, while retaining a strong focus on results orientation.
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, dialogue and human-resource management skills and proven team-building ability, necessary to support, motivate and mentor staff and partners engaged in a challenging peace building and social cohesion project
- Ability to create a creative, open-minded, learning, constructive and innovative working environment.
- Ability to work with local organizations and actors with knowledge about and experience from the relevant Gambella context, to utilize and ensure their capacity and continuous capacity development and to otherwise adapt ways of working accordingly.
- Additional management skills, necessary to meet project requirements in terms of coordination, coherence and consistency of project implementation, financial management, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent/very good documented analytical skills,
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English,
- Self-reliant in computer skills,
- Other relevant knowledge and specific experiences related to the aims and focus of the project within the context of Gambella
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.