|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Title: Project Manager, Track & Trace
Position Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Senior Lead Technical Advisor, Digitization
Posting Location: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: July 6, 2021
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity project in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). As part of this Activity, JSI/DHA is also anticipating an Award of Government to Government (G-to-G) project which will be funded by USAID in supporting the Ethiopian Food & Drug Authority (EFDA)’s objectives. EFDA is the National Regulatory Body of Ethiopia that is responsible for ensuring the quality, safety and or efficacy of medicines, food, cosmetics and medical devices. To support EFDA’s objectives, USAID will contribute by providing resources to implement the Pharmaceutical Products Track & Traceability activities that aimed at ensuring patient safety and improving supply chain efficiency by ensuring the visibility of pharmaceutical products movement.
We are looking for a Project Manager, Track & Trace who will oversee all aspects of the traceability activities such as software solution development, and testing activities, Track & Trace (T&T) science based regulatory tools developments and implementation, and supporting of the implementing sites. He/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of activities and compliance with EFDA and JSI policies and regulations.
*This position is contingent upon the award of G-to-G fund.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager, Track & Trace will include, but not limited to the following:
- Think strategically about the design, development and implementation of the track and trace system, and work to add value to stakeholders, and give expert advice on new strategies.
- Assess and address infrastructure requirements for piloting track and trace system at selected sites.
- Gather requirements based on the national traceability directive and ensure alignment with global standards.
- Working on transfer of knowledge and skills regarding GS1 standard implementation to EFDA staff.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including EFDA, FMOH and donors, and address any issues that may exist.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and stakeholder impact.
- Ensure product releases are managed according to project standards, and that stakeholders are informed.
- Assume product focused leadership which will require in-depth understanding of the product domain and the business and strategic drivers of the product.
- Support business development activities including, preparing proposals and communicating potential donors.
- Manage and maintain interagency relationship.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Supervise assigned staff and support the recruitment of new staffs.
- Prepare timely reports to the Lead Senior Technical Advisor, Digitization on activity status and issues.
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (Pharmacy, IT, information systems, business, etc) is required.
- Minimum five years of experience working on Health Management Information System activities is required.
- Deep knowledge of the Ethiopian Food and Drug Administration business process, supply chain processes and the Ethiopian healthcare System infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with GS1 standards implementation is required.
- Experience in leading the process of software development is required.
- Experience working on the process of software development using agile methodology is required.
- Experience with the day-to-day execution of established agile management practices with software development team is required.
- Experience in leading architecture and design decisions while working on software development project is required.
- Good understanding of .NET framework, C#, Angular JS and SQL Server is required.
- Proficiency in project management tools (JIRA, Trello, Slack…) is required.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage the development and implementation of project activities.
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English; proficiency in Amharic.
- Ability to prepare and present technical information to partners.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than July 6, 2021.
- Fill out the online application form using this form: Online Application Form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
- Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Application deadline: July 6, 2021.