| Lalibela, Ethiopia
| December 20, 2022
Who we areSOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
|Why we need you?
|We are looking for Project MERA Officer who is responsible for implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system for the effective implementation of the project as well as lead and coordinate activities pertaining to M&E at project location
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As a Project MERA Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Supports project colleagues in designing and implementing a comprehensive M&E plan for the project in line with the Results Based Management (RBM) Policy Support Document.
- Establishes monitoring and evaluation systems and processes using existing ADR and implements agency’s tools and mechanisms
- Supports the project colleagues and partner organizations in the process of developing M&E tools
- Conducts a rapid child protection impact and needs assessment involving feedback sessions/reflection meeting with children at start-up and every 6 months to ensure activities are adapted to the current situation (i.e. restrictions on movement, security situation, etc.)
- Initiates and leads joint program supportive monitoring.
- Ensures the regular collection and capturing of beneficiary data into the Program Data Base (PDB).
- Designs and implements strategies helpful in ensuring meaningful participation of children.
- Establish Community based complaints and feedback mechanisms at community level to contribute to analysis of feedback loops from the community and target beneficiaries.
- Identifies, document and disseminate best practices, case studies, and learning briefs.
- Establishes and manages feedback-giving mechanisms.
- Performs M&E related tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Supports children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line
Up for the challenge...Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA/BSC Degree in Sociology, Economics, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development studies, social sciences, Statistics, and/or other relevant fields or other relevant field; )
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for donor-funded projects
- Hands-on experience in developing/designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluating system/plan
- Knowledge on quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and its applications
- Demonstrated experience in consortium project interventions
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Have profound analytical and research skill.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel, database and SPSS among other packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, facilitation and writing skills
- Time management and ability to priorities multiple tasks, Self-motivated person and able to work without close supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in English
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com