|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the coordination of EBSFMIA, EBAW’s founding partners have drawn up a start-up phase program with a duration of 18 months for which they have secured a funding from the P4G (Partnership for Green Growth and Global Goals 2030). The incumbent, to be embedded within the EBSFMIA office and to report to the founding partners, shall undertake the following tasks:
- Work out a detailed expenditure plan based on initially approved workplan and budget of the parternship, and submit to EBAW partners for discussion and guideline.
- Compile project implementation-related information and prepare regular, interim, and final draft reports to EBAW partners, in a way that fulfills requirements of communication with the P4G partnership management office.
- Follow up budget implementation of P4G funding with the purpose of giving sufficient guarantee that financial outlays are within the set plan.
- Advise EBSFMIA and EBWA partners about judicious and proper manners of managing resources, having thoroughly understood the policies, rules, procedures of P4G and its implementing institution in Ethiopia.
- Play a facilitative role to support EBSFMIA and the partners in order to create awareness about the establishment of EBAW.
- Support EBAW partners, in logistics and administration, in their engagement with a consultant(s) to be selected to undertake studies/research on water resources management issues.
- Help EBSFMIA and EBAW partners disseminate the findings of Water Accounting Study, whether preliminary or final, to industry members.
- Assist actively industry members and stakeholders, under directions from the EBSFMIA and EBAW partners, in tasks involving the convening and launching of EBAW events and the inauguration of the alliance.
- Facilitate, on behalf of the partnership, administrative support to consulting teams and third party service providers to help them accomplish their tasks effectively.
- Provide logistical, administrative and planning support to EBSFMIA and EBAW partners, and liase on their behalf with various organizations including assisting them plan and execute validation and dissemination workshops, discussion fora and conferences.
- Support the EBSFMIA and EBAW partners in setting up meetings with members of the beverage industry, and documentthe lobbying and persuasion effort of the EBAW partners.
The candidate shall fulfill the following requirements:
- A minimum of a BA Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Management, Economics or related disciplines.
- 5-7 years of experience in providing support to a result-oriented development team.
- Experience in preparing project financial reports
- Basictechnical experience in event planning and process management
- Mastery of project development and management tool
- Fluency in English and Amharic
The candidate will have an advantage if s/he has experience in the following areas:
- Working with private sector organizations
- Working in a consulting environment and multi-donor projects is an advantage
- Knowledge of/exposure to water resource management
This is an equal opportunity competitive hiring and the following aspects will be binding:
- The incumbent will be the employee of EBSFMIA for a definite period of employment, and his/her employment will be governed by the Labour Proclamation No. 1156/2019 and subsequent amendments or alterations.
- Internal working rules of EBSFMIA will apply to the position.
- The duration of employment is for 12 months, with a possibility of renewal.
- The selected candidate is expected to commence work immediately upon announcement of result.
Eligible applicants will send their latest CV, a motivation letter and queries related to application to the following addresses:
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for application is Tuesday, September 1, 2020 by close of business,17:00 Hours.
- EBSFMIA will notify the applicant of the receipt of the application by return.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified