|Location||Jigjiga town with frequent travel to the field, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an international NGOs, based in Italy, established in 1950 with the aim of supporting developing countries in their effort to build sustainable and accessible health systems. The organization’s mission is to improve the quality, accessibility and equity of health services.
CUAMM, in collaboration with Somali Region Health Bureau, is going to implement the project “Improve access to quality health services for mothers and children in Harawa District, Somali Region, Ethiopia” with the primary aim of building improving the quality of MNCH health services in Harawa district.
Type of Employment: 3 months
Reports to: Country Manager
Overall responsibilities of Position:
The Project Officerwill be responsible for implementingactivities as per approved project
- Monthly planning of activities in coordination and integration with other activities implemented by Doctors with Africa CUAMM Staff in the same project area
- Build the capacity of the Health Facilities involved in carrying out the project activities
- Facilitate the integration of the project activities with other activities implemented by the NGO in the same area
- Coordinate surveys and monthly data collection
- Organize and coordinate supervision visits to the facilities involved
- Plan and organize educational activities in collaboration with the projects partner
- Monitor and Evaluate the activities on quarterly basis providing monthly data on the conducted activities
- Write and submit reports on implemented activities on quarterly basis
- Facilitate the organization of review meetings, technical committee meetings, project coordination meetings
- Link with local authorities to ensure coordination of activities with Somali Region Health Bureau
- Represent CUAMM on meetings, forums organized by Government or Partners, when requested by the Country Manager
- Any additional assignment, according to the position, given by the Country Manager
Required Education & Experience: the candidate must hold Master Degree in Public Health or other relevant Master degree (health studies, anthropology, local development) with proven field experience of at least 3 years in public health projects, preferably in some of the remote part of the country.
- Fluent in speaking English and Somali language
- Relevant experience in Project Management and Planning Process
- Relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of implemented activities
- Previous experience in Health Sector
- Relevant experiences in organizing educational activities, screening campaigns and public events
- Relevant experiences in preparing communication and information materials and campaigns.
- Relevant experience in ensuring participatory project implementation together with government bodies and other stakeholders
- Relevant experience in reports writing
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2010, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal, networking and public relations skills
- Collaborative attitude with colleagues, work team and external partners
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to succeed
Priority will be given to candidate with working experience in the areas of interest.
Interested applicants should submit their application letter with recent CV not later than September 8th,2020.
We only receive applications submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- Email Subject indicating “Application for the position of Project Officer – Name and Surname”
- CVs (not more than 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
One page table summarizing your educational background, work experience (with contacts of at least two reference persons), technical skills and competencies.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for further test and interview
Note that applications received after the deadline shall not be considered. Please also don’t forget to mention the position you are applying for.