|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 CSOs. It is a consortium of women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment of women, girls & children; and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality and women rights.
Currently, UEWCA is executing different projects focused on women/Girls empowerment and climate change Gender Responsive Budgeting Human Trafficking and combating modern slavery at different region at the country with the fund obtained from Farm Africa ( SIDA) and Action Aid UN- Women .
Respectively Therefore UEWCA is seeking experienced professionals for the following positions
Reports to : Program Coordinator
Department: Program Section
Required Candidate : Three
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and document programs strategies and projects related with the agenda of the union.
- Plan, organize and conduct various trainings and mentoring activities for UEWCA staff and member Organizations.
- Liaise and collaborate with respective partner organizations (donors, CSOs, government agencies and others at different levels)
- Prepare project Program proposal and mobilize project/program proposal
- Prepare monthly quarterly, bi-annual and annual program/project related activities and financial plan and reports to be submitted to UEWCA management, government bodies and donors.
- Ensure that implementing members prepare and submit monthly quarterly biannual & annual plans and solves reports in time.
- Develop TOR for professional/consultancy services.
- Follow up commissioned professional/ consultancy services; reviews and comments and ensures that they are done according to the TOR and the expectation of the organization.
- Provide technical support for project implementing organizations.
- Guides, coordinates, manage and supervise effective and efficient implementation of various sub granted projects.
- Represents the organization at various positions, such as membership partner donor & Government meeting, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Prepares briefing notes to the program coordinator regularly on monthly basis, to keep her/him update of program /project progress and performance.
- Develop institutional capacity building and Documentation manuals.
- Establishes and maintains formal and informal communication mechanisms with government community partners’ members’ donors and other stakeholders.
- First Degree or master’s Degree in Natural Resource Management, climate Change Adaption & mitigation Agro- forestry Agriculture studies, Agronomy Environmental studs Gender study Economics, Sociology project management, Statists, Development studies and other related fields,
- Minimum Ten(10) Years first Degree or Six(6) Years Master’s Degree of relevant experience in program/project management (planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation)and learning;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Fluent speaking and wringing skills in English;
- Strong aptitude for organizational change, innovation, learning and team building.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences.
- Extensive experience and understanding of issues related to natural resource management, climate change and adaption, and mitigation human trafficking with good knowledge Gender equality & Women empowerment.
- Practical experience of participatory planning, implementing monitoring and evaluation approaches.
- Writing and analytical skills, proficiency in oral and written English.
- Computer literacy
- Relevant experience in Gender analysis and mainstreaming, project Design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation; Report Writing and Knowledge Management.
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and supported documents, Application letter to UEWCA within five (5) working days from the announcement date in person at the organization located in the following address:
Sub-city: Yeka Woreda 08, on the main road that take from Megengna to Signal near to Sumeya Mosque in front of Yeka-Sub-city Administration, Chefe Health Center and Magic Carpet School.
Phone Number: +251-116-36-81-51
Women applicants are highly encouraged!