|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Environmentalists Development Association – Ethiopia (EDA-E) is a non-for-profit indigenous NGO engaged in the implementation of development activities like ecosystem protection/natural resources management, promotion of renewable energies, potable water supply, undertaking WASH programme and participating in humanitarian responses, etc.
EDAE is intending to implement the project “Deeply Rooted in the Future: Reforestation Supports Environmental Recovery and Income Generation in Dirre Inchini”. It will be located in Oromia Region, West Showa Zone, Dirre Inchini Woreda, an area with very limited amenities. The project needs to employ and station on site a project manager for the period of one year with a possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the planning, budgeting and reporting of the project activities and implements the plan with the required minimum quality standards.
- Undertake project level data management including the establishment of viable documentation and evidence building;
- Mobilize and sensitize the beneficiary community and the relevant stakeholders about the EDA-E run project in the area;
- Facilitate a participatory process and define the roles and responsibilities of the project owner communities and stakeholders;
- Provide need-based capacity building support to the target groups;
- Facilitate participatory implementation approaches that promote community empowerment and ultimately ensure community ownership of the project;
- Support the Project Manager in partnership building with the local government and other stakeholders;
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual activity and financial progress reports of the project using standard template;
- Provide technical and professional support to Income Generating Activities and ensuring gender equity; and
- Perform other related duties as required by his/her supervisor.
- BSc/BA or MSc/MA in relevant field study from a recognized university
- A minimum of 6-years for BSc/BA Degree and a minimum of 4-years for MSc/MA Degree work experience in the specific project related field
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good technical report writing skills; and
- Good command of written and spoken English, Amharic and Afan Oromo.