|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ayuda en Acción is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Innovation Project Officer to implement the project in Ticho District Arsi Development Area (Oromiya National Regional State) and Boloso Sore District of Wolayita Development Area (SNNPRS). The projects are Innovation based project responding to the vulnerable and climate change affected communities in complementarity with long term development needs and priorities of the vulnerable communities (Smallholder’s farmers, women and youth) with a focus to secure their food security and build resilient livelihoods through crop irrigation, green house technologies with market linkages.
The successful candidates will report to their respective project Areas Filed Office Managers (Arsi and Wolayita) and functionally reporting to the National Project Coordinator at Country Office and manage the overall project implementation, monitoring and reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Directly reports to their respective Filed Office Mangers either Arsi or Wolayita and have functional Relationship with National Project Coordinator at National Office.
- Supports the Arsi and Wolayita program managers in directly designing, implementing and monitoring so as the innovation projects (irrigation, horticulture, aquatics, fishery, green house technologies, etc) are part and parcel and instituted within the development areas,
- Establish relationship and coordinate with smallholders’ farmers, project/program officers of AeAE in the respective districts, directly implementing, monitoring and reporting the 15 months Innovation project plans and annual operation plans for the realization of climate change-based crop irrigation and green house project activities.
- Establish partnerships and relationship with respective partners, government sectors, Private Stakeholders and community-based organizations with in the project districts.
- Properly manage the project resources (human, financial and
material) as per the direction from the program manager and country office Innovation project coordinator.
- Understand and assure the implementation of any system security and safety procedures, protect the completeness, accuracy and integrity of accounting data and information based on AeA policies, procedures, donor regulations, and the law of the land.
- Document all processes, achievements, learning and challenges of the project to the Ayuda en Accion knowledge-base and the donor.
- Documenting and reporting as per the AeA policies, procedures, donor regulations, and the law of the land.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in plant science (horticulture, agronomy, irrigation, climate change, hydroponics, aquaponics, DRR, agriculture, animal husbandry, agribusiness, natural resources development or innovations, community mobilization and management,
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in innovations, creativity and productivity, natural resources management, irrigation, horticultural development, fish culture and development, aquatic management, green house technologies, long and short-term projects/programs development, DRR and humanitarian programs development and management,
- Experiences related to market linkage, partnership/relationship development, human, financial and material resources management, M&E, documentation and reporting in reputable institution/s preferably in the NGO sector.
- Good knowledge of development, action research, understanding innovations, risks, mitigation means are value additions,
- Good knowledge of project proposal writing experience of, documentation of learning and best practices and reporting to donors,
- Good communication skills, computer skills, report writing good written and spoken English and meeting deadlines.
- Able to communicate the respective local languages and know the community culture.
- Readiness to move rural communities, villages and to the zone.
- To have good behavior and attitude.
- Immediate incorporation and full working day and remuneration as per AeA salary policy,
- One year contract with probation period indicated in the law of Ethiopia and with possibility of extension.
- Duty station: Boloso Sore
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are advised to send a letter of application specifying the vacancy, duty station, CV with copies of testimonies reference persons and letters (attach in a single document)