|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2020|
|Category|| Facility Management |
|Job Type|| Contract |
- Coordination and management of the project in the areas assigned;
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the project;
- Provision of top-quality technical and advisory services internally within UNDP CO and to the Civil Service Commission;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management.
- Take overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the project towards achieving the results/ outputs;
- Provide day to day management, coordination and supervision of the project, including the financial resources;
- Liaison with the Civil Service Commission, support the Civil service Commission in preparing annual work plans in close collaboration with UNDP and DfiD, ensure these plans are in accordance with the agreed formats, ensuring that the necessary technical support is provided to the Commission so that it delivers in accordance with its plans;
- Analyze, consolidate, edit and/or draft quarterly and annual progress/monitoring and financial reports, in close consultations with the Civil Service Commission; preparation of inputs for substantive and financial reporting, including results oriented annual reports and specific donor reporting; ensure timely and quality substantive and financial reports are provided
- Provide strategic and technical support in close coordination with relevant stakeholders, on the implementation of the project;
- Monitor progress of the project according to the agreed work plan and inform UNDP in advance of any foreseeable delays;
- Ensure proper use of project resources; and ensure that government inputs for project are available;
- Facilitate consultancy work of the project, including drafting ToRs, arrange consultations, consolidate feedbacks to reports;
- Represent the project at project meetings and annual reviews;
- Maintain close contacts with UNDP indicating foreseeable changes in the annual work plan and proposing realistic amendments and budget revisions;
- Prepare the project procurement plan, and coordinate the procurement of services and goods under the project;
- Manage requests for the provision of financial resources by UNDP, using advance of funds, direct payments, or reimbursement using the FACE (Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures);
- Control and monitor project expenditures and ensure management of the resources as approved;
- Ensure timely and effective transformation of project inputs into project outputs;
- Coordinate all preparatory activities for seminars/workshops/symposiums to be held under the project, such as logistic/administrative arrangements, availability of the appropriate premises etc.;
- Assist in accelerating programmatic as well as financial delivery following UNDP’s standard operating procedures and regulations and based on agreed indicators;
- Under the guidance of the Programme Management Support Unit, ensure that the project follows financial and administrative documentation procedures in line with UNDP, and donor guidelines and Programme Implementation Manual;
- Active contribution to UNDP Ethiopia’s overall office effort on strengthening partnerships and resource mobilization.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP's Mission, vision and values and that of the respective Implementing Partner;
- Display Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Document and share knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning;
- Act on learning plan and applies newly acquired skill;
- Good Knowledge of Result Management Guide and Toolkit and perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Result Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems; Strong analytical abilities, particularly in the areas of public sector governance, capacity development and knowledge transfer;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in public sector reform, and governance dynamics in the country
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good sense of teamwork, inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong and harmonious relationships with clients and external actors;
- Demonstrates openness to change;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master’s degree in public administration, development studies, management, economics or other related social science fields.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience (six years with first Degree) in programme/project management preferably in civil service reform programme/projects;
- Experience in multi-stakeholder facilitation and coordination; in providing management advisory services;
- Practical experience in in design, monitoring and evaluation of capacity building projects;
- Eexperience in co-operation with government entities and development partners;
- Good understanding of UNDP programming modalities, particularly in governance programmes and/or projects;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- International level experience in managing and coordinating such project and public sector is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension