|Location||Jimma, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Officer; Education who will act as the focal person for the education sector in the area of operation and provide leadership regarding education strategic directions for the Girls Empowerment Project, which aims at reducing child abandonment and neglect.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career
As Project Officer, Education you will be in charge of the following:
- Leading the initial assessment of families of potential child participants,
- Facilitating the preparation of a family’s first family development plan (FDP),
- Preparing detailed implementation plan and budget for the intervention area,
- Implementing all project activities according to the objectives and indicators set out in the project document and period,
- Preparing project progress report with the required quality and time.
- Assessing and identifying the needs and gaps of the respective target schools,
- Facilitating and/or provide training to volunteers, teachers and school community on project related activities,
- Providing technical support to project implementing partners and schools,
- Working closely with WEO and other government offices and project implementing partner,
- Ensuring the delivery of purchased materials to target beneficiaries and its proper usage,
- Following up of clubs activities accomplishment according to the project objective,
- Participating and facilitating in data collection related to different assessment, baseline and end line survey for the project,
- Periodically monitor the status and progress of achievement of the projects activities in target schools,
- Cascading different trainings at schools and community level,
- Producing case stories and share to the line supervisor every quarter,
- Build complementarity of SOS CVE partner actions, build consensus of locally appropriate, interventions between agencies: avoiding duplication and gaps,
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Ed. degree in Educational planning and Management, project management, Pedagogical science, or related fields
- Minimum of three years’ experience in planning, implementing and supervision of educational projects Fluency in spoken and written English and local language (Oromifa).
- Good knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes.
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure.
- Experience in conducting Training need Assessment, Planning and Facilitation
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian education policy
- Positive and professional approach: highly organised, results oriented, using initiative and keeping commitments.
- Computer literacy (MS Office and MS project)
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare and youth development.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge on stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication skill
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent Technical and report writing skills
- Experience in Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Prior NGO experience is advantageous
Excited to take on a new Challenge...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."