|Location||Kelafo, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 4, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Officer; Health, who will act as the focal person for the Health sector in the area of operation and provide leadership regarding health strategic direction of the project.
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career
As a Project Health Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Preparing, implementing and monitoring short, midterm and long-term plans on heath related services or activities.
- Training target groups on youth friendly Sexual Reproductive Health and Family Planning.
- Identifying & training peer educators on Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
- Training selected health extension workers & health professionals on youth friendly service delivery.
- Coordinating the provision of supports to the existing public youth centers.
- Providing support for public health centers (Hospitals & Health Centers) to strengthen /establish youth friendly services.
- Preparing awareness raising sessions on SRH for public secondary schools using different strategies such using IEC/BCC materials.
- Preparing awareness raising session for young mothers & Adolescent girls on sexual violence protective measures.
- Nurturing a compassionate environment by providing psychological support.
- Educating and guiding beneficiaries on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits.
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BSC Degree in nursing/health Officer
- Minimum of four years relevant work experience as a health professional
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian Healthy policy
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with children, caregivers, health institutions and Programme Coordinators
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good command of the local language
- Previous experience working with international NGO's
Excited to take on an new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."