|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Project Officer, Wildlife Law Enforcement will support the supervisor in the advancement of and AWF's engagement in wildlife law enforcement in Ethiopia. The position will work with other staff in various programs in Ethiopia to contribute towards overall organizational goals. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Wildlife Law Enforcement and will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Coordinate AWF's Wildlife Law Enforcement Programs in Ethiopia.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of WLE activities with the government and other players in Ethiopia in consultation with the supervisor.
- Monitor achievement and milestones of activities within AWF's Wildlife Law Enforcement Programs in Ethiopia, including submission of Means of Verification for all milestones.
- Compile periodic reports for each project/grant.
- Provide information to communication and marketing teams to facilitate story generation and publication.
- Organize Wildlife Judicial and Prosecutorial Assistance Trainings (WJPATs) and any other workshops, meetings or gatherings related to AWF's Wildlife Law Enforcement and Canines for Conservation Programs in Ethiopia.
- Participate in and facilitate the WJPATs, workshops and meetings.
- Document and prepare proceedings for WJPATs and workshops and minutes for meetings.
- Proactively share any information related to the above responsibilities with supervisor.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Wildlife Management or any relevant Social Science
- A Diploma or Certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 experience managing projects or working in the NGO sector.
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also as part of a team.
- Experience working within an international environment desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with partners, managing key relationships towards achieving specified goals
- Commitment to AWF and its mission.