|Location||Jimma, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Project Sponsorship Officer, you will be in charge of the following:
- Collecting and compiling data of sponsored children
- Updating data recordings quarterly to National Office Sponsorship Department and store information accordingly for future reference
- Preparing bi-annual reports on all sponsored children
- Taking proper pictures of children and or facility when needed
- Receiving letters and gifts of sponsors from the National Sponsorship Department and distributing to the addressed children.
- Following up on the status of children, whenever there is a change (change of location, dismissal from school or village, health problem) and provides the necessary update to National Sponsorship Department.
- As part of the child admission team, fill the child admission form properly and forward to National Sponsorship Office for approval along with pictures.
- Identifying departing children and preparing departure notice to National Sponsorship Department.
- Maintaining confidentiality and security in respect to records such as children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information.
- Handling visiting sponsors and forwarding filled out visit form
- Performs other related and complementary activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA degree in English Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication and other related social science fields.
- 0 to 1 year of work experience.
- High level of English proficiency
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to carefully summarize and compose documents
- Ability to process large quantity of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Speaking the local Language
Excited to take on a new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."