|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Project/Training officer is responsible for all COVID-19 Emergency Response for Health Professionals project activities under the supervision of the program and business development manager; is in charge of facilitating the relationship with the local authorities at University teaching hospitals ,Regional, zonal and woreda health office level; is responsible for the implementation of the training activities and for financial issues related to project activities; performs other related tasks as required. The Project/Training officer applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analysing information relevant to the programme and specifically to COVID-19 Emergency Response issues. He/she maintains collaborative relationships with all project and non-project staff at EMA.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
Be in charge of project planning, coordination and implementation;
- Liaise with, MOH, University hospitals and EMA branch office members for the effective facilitation the training
- Participate in the trainer selection recruitment and follow up for their engagement on their assigned tasks
- Establishes and maintains relationship with all the relevant authorities (sister professional associations) for their effective engagement and contribution to the project activities
- Responsible for the training planning, implementation and follow up
- Prepare biweekly donor report as per the donor’s template
- Closely work with finance team
- Respects and promotes EMA’s principles, rules and regulations;
- Coordinates the trainer, trainee and support the personnel in addressing the problems related to the implementation of COVID-19 Emergency Response activities;
- Monitors the expenses of the project in accordance with the budget;
- Controls that the timeframe of the project is respected and reports any variances with causes of delays;
- Creates a system for monitoring the implementation of the activities and write activity and financial reports every training session and whenever requested by the local authorities or EMA’s office;
- Monitors the activities and collect the necessary data;
- Controls that EMA’s procedures are respected at all level;
- Controls that the project abides by all the requirements included in the national and donors’ requirements;
- Reports any problem concerning the COVID-19 Emergency Response and proposes any necessary change of the activities and new initiatives;
- Performs any other activities related to the project as requested by the supervisor.
Duration: One month initially with possibility for extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of fund
- Values: Integrity, commitment, embracing change.
- Core Competencies: Achieving results, accountability, developing and applying professional expertise, analytical and strategic thinking, working in teams, communicating for impact.
- Required skills set: Providing a technical support system; facilitating quality programmatic results; managing documents correspondence and reports; managing information and work flow; planning, organizing and multitasking;
Qualifications and experience requirements
- BSC degree in relevant fields of study (nursing, public health…)
- At least 5 years experience out of which 2 are in Emergency response related position;
- Previous experience with the similar position is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships;
- Fully proficiency in computer-related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
Please send your application quoting the vacancy position with covering letter including 3 pages updated CVs, 1 page summary of CV and cover letter through email address: email@example.com or hard copy to Admin. & Finance department of EMA.
Deadline for applications: April 14, 2020.