|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Regional Property Officer will operationally report to the Regional Office Operations Director and functionally to the ATA Head Office Logistics Manager. He/she will be responsible for handling regional level property/asset management and day to day warehouse operations of the region’s office in accordance with the policies and procedures stipulated by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development’s proclamation and directives. The selected candidate will also be expected to track, update and report region-based property through ERP.
- Using ERP, make sure all regional property and asset management transactions are tracked, recorded, updated and report submitted periodically to immediate supervisor and to the HO Logistics team
- Ensure warehouse policy and formats are fully in place and oversee their application
- Receive and issue goods and/or commodities as per the ATA warehousing policy and procedures.
- Ensure stored items are properly accounted for, maintained and cleanliness assured
- Receive goods purchased, record, organize and store those materials in the appropriate place.
- Prepare goods receiving note for received material and store in the pre-identified appropriate place
- Issue goods against authorized requisitions to user team and track the process from inception to end
- Prepare reports for wrong delivery, damaged goods, surplus and/or shortage of material if/when necessary
- Arrange for quality inspection of the goods received
- Maintain accurate stock records (Bin Cards) of materials received, issued and in storage and maintain that the postings are up to date
- Prepare and submit the warehouse report to the Operations Director and Logistics Manager
- Organize, arrange and lead annul inventory of the materials and periodically, semi-annually when required and submit the report to the Logistics team at headquarters and Ops Director at region.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by Cluster head schedules and workflow
- Coordinate & monitor the property handling of furniture, other office equipment and fixed assets at the regional office
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior towards the customers/clients in providing services associated with the exchange at the specific warehouse/store issues
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- BA Degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, Accounting, or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5-6 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the GoE’s property administration practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the local language of the region is required
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple units and staff from various backgrounds
- We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
- Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.