|Location||Shire/Shiraro, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Protection Coordinator is responsible for oversight of protection program through mainstreaming protection principles in all BHA Emergency Multi-Sectoral Response project interventions and sectors. The protection Coordinator will support the overall program management and coordination of protection programming throughout BHA projects including medical, nutrition, shelter and WASH projects.
Protection mainstreaming activities includes training beneficiaries and staff on protection principles and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), ensure both beneficiaries and staff are aware of, and are capable of responding to, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and Child protection (CP). The Coordinator shall also represent SP in the local clusters, and coordinate interventions with other actors to ensure appropriate responses to identified protection concerns or issues
- Lead the Protection component of a BHA Emergency Multi-Sectoral Response program with specific focus on prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and Child protection (CP) in compliance with core protection principles.
- Develop protection mainstreaming action plan, which incorporate elements of protection mainstreaming, staff trainings on PESA, SGBV and CP, establish complaint mechanisms (CMs) and response strategy.
- Technically lead protection needs assessments, including developing appropriate tools to inform program design as well as identify risks and vulnerabilities, including those related to gender, age, and diversity.
- Follow-up on the emergency sectors program capacity building needs, develop and facilitate training and workshops for staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders as needed
- Support the emergency sectors program staff and other sectoral teams to mainstream protection in their activities through the provision of training
- Contribute to the contextualization of protection tools and guidelines according to international standards and best practices.
- Develop partnerships and ensure effective coordination with local clusters, service providers, international organizations and all relevant local government entities operating in these sectors.
- In coordination with the sector program managers, document lessons learned interventions and activities.
- Support the development of integrated referral pathways between partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to ensure quality referrals and information dissemination, protection case management, individual protection assistance, are in line with international best practice
- Coordinate with other service providers to ensure holistic support for GBV survivors and vulnerable children, including participation in strengthening referral pathways
- Support program teams to build referral mechanisms to link beneficiaries, particularly vulnerable individuals and groups, to services, through service mapping or relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures opportunities are in place for safe, confidential reporting and community feedback with mechanisms to ensure accountability.
- Focal point person for all PSEA related activities in Tigray Region.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Experience working with Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and US Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (State/PRM) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and display evidence of good leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- English fluency required, fluency in the local language a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor and a listener in-group settings which include senior staff.
- Well-organized, resourceful, effective, and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done and must have proven track record of successfully working on multiple tasks at once and foresees and plan around obstacles.
- Demonstrated sensitivity in diverse, cross-cultural settings.
- Knowledge of Sphere and established international protection and GBV standards, methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral approaches to mainstreaming protection.
- Experience of working with refugees and IDPs
- Minimum five years related field experience, including Protection and GBV program design and management
- Strong knowledge of standards and guidelines for GBV and CP programming, coordination, and data management
- Experience with GBV case management services
- Facilitation experience required
- Experience working with local partners and community mobilization preferred
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than July 9,2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Protection Coordinator"