|Location||Mega, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HelpAge International is a global network of more than 113 organizations in 75 countries. As the world’s leading organization dedicated to promoting the wellbeing of older women and men and inclusion of their needs as well as reducing poverty and discrimination in later life; HelpAge envisions a world in which all older people can lead dignified, healthy and secure lives.
HelpAge International has been responding to the protection needs of conflict and drought affected internally displaced persons (IDPs) in four Woredas of Oromia region through facilitating protection monitoring and capacity building support by mobile protection teams, establishing children and women spaces in IDP sites, and providing capacity building support on gender, age and disability mainstreaming for agencies granted under German Government funding scheme.
Summary of the Role
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the PMS Officer will ensure quality of protection monitoring and continuous support to the vulnerable IDPs, particularly focusing on older people and Persons with disabilities. The Officer will work in collaboration with the General Protection Officer to promote multi-sectoral service; health, safety, psychosocial support by supporting referral networks that enhance IDPs with protection risk to receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meets their specific needs and their best interest. He/She provide supervision and capacity building of IDPs volunteers and community-based workers
Under the direct supervision of the program Manager and collaboration with the General protection Officer, the PMS officer will:
- Work in collaboration with the general protection officer to conduct regular protection monitoring, service mapping and referral pathways, identification and response to community-level protection concerns, and identification, referral and response to individual protection cases;
- Contribute to the overall protection support strategy based on feedback received from vulnerable groups during successive protection monitoring;
- Supervise and capacitate social and community out-reach workers and household careers to provide quality case management services, including age and disability-appropriate specialized support and care for all in need through training, daily mentor and meeting;
- Work with stakeholders to implement variety of community wellbeing interventions and monitor referral pathway to ensure those with protection risk receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meets their needs;
- Reactivate use of Community Safe Spaces /CSS/ and enhance participation of vulnerable groups during protection monitoring visits specifically giving attention to older people, PwDs, Women and Girls;
- Prepare and produce IEC and BCC materials, in collaboration with the General protection officer and other protection team at Government offices, and ensuring messages are appropriate for the community and conduct pre-testing before dissemination;
- Critically identify areas of integration with other sectors of HelpAge (WASH, Health & nutrition programs) to maximize inclusion and participation of most vulnerable groups during response;
- Develop reports and submit to project Manager;
- Any other duties and responsibilities that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
Length of Contract: One Year (with possibility of extension)
- BSC or BA degree in in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or any other Social science related field with at least 3-5 years extensive experience.
- Related work and field experiences in social service provision including for most vulnerable community groups (Older People, Persons with disability, women and girls). Knowledge & experience of Protection Monitoring is a plus;
- Able to maintain protection principles at all times and experience on direct service provision with people with protection risks like GBV survivors and confidence in discussing protection issues;
- Direct working experience with persons with special needs,
- Excellent analytical, documentation and report writing skills
- Fluency in English, and Oromiffa;
- Knowledge counseling is advantageous.
- NGO experience is a plus.
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line.
Then attach the following.
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page - cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Closing date: July 30,2020
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format by email address: email@example.com