|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Lutheran World Federation (LWF/WS – Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking and invites qualified candidates to apply for the Senior Accountant position.
The Protection Officer leads and coordinates the protection project and activities aimed at providing timely and effective protection to populations of concern. His/her responsibilities, among others include the following. He/She;
- Leads the whole activities of LWF in the protection sector to people affected by the conflict in Tigray Region
- Leads the implementation of project activities pertaining to child protection, gender-based violence (GBV) and psychosocial support
- Provides professional, technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection, GBV and psychosocial support,
- Work with the various formal and informal community institutions to establish support structures for the affected communities,
- Represent LWF in all forums relevant to protection including protection cluster at regional and local levels as appropriate
- Maintain protection presence through regular field monitoring and reports, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities and partners
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concerns are reflected in the protection planning processes and operation plans addressing the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons and persons with disabilities
- Lead the operation team in reviewing progress and results, identify gaps and solutions and share technical ideas for the project staff as well as his/her supervisors
- Select target communities and project priority groups jointly with project staff, local government and community representatives and other relevant stakeholders,
- Conduct training on relevant thematic areas to staff and target group members,
- Provide technical backstopping and facilitation, work closely with partners, field staff, and cluster based stakeholders, networks, and community members to ensure achievement of objectives in timely and cost effective manner;
- Establish sustainability mechanisms and structures that will emphasize participation of vulnerable groups including children, GBV survivors and other individuals in need of protection.
- Ensure accountability and transparency in all activities to the beneficiaries, line managers, partner agencies, and the Ethiopian Government.
Required qualification and Work Experience:
Masters of Bachelor Degree in Law, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or other related fields and Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for Bachelor degree and 1 year for Masters Degree holder.
Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience for Masters Degree and 3 years for Bachelor Degree
- Knowledge of Amharic and Tigrigna is mandatory
- Strong communication skill in English (written and oral)
- Ability to interact with people
- Experience in the areas of protection including GBV, child protection and psychosocial support
- Interested to work under pressure and in harsh environment
- Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.