|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. NRC is fully committed to promoting equality and eliminating all forms of discrimination for our staff. This means that as an integral part of the way we work; NRC seeks to ensure that there is an inclusive and diverse workforce that provides a female friendly workplace.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Protection Project officers will be responsible for overall implementation of Protection Projects in Assosa under direct supervision of the Area Manager and in close collaboration with Protection CC Specialist/Advisor and relevant support staff. The project officer will provide capacity building training for program staff on protection monitoring, develop and disseminate protection monitoring reports, and to ensure project objectives are achieved in line with strategy, proposals and plans.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
· Implement assigned protection activities in line with international standards and best practices.
· Plan, implement and monitor day-to-day protection activities as part of Protection CC
· Conduct protection and gender assessments
· Undertake Refugee Community-level protection monitoring programme
· Ensure the provision of effective protection services and referrals
· Provide staff training on protection monitoring as well as case management and referral pathways
· Develop user-friendly referral pathways for all actors working with refugees
· Develop protection monitoring tools
· Develop and disseminate Protection monitoring reports to external stakeholders to inform protection programming in Assosa refugee camps
· Development of information sharing and data protection protocols in collaboration with relevant coordination forums
· Undertake location specific mapping of service providers in different refugee communities
· Any other tasks assigned by the Area Manager and Protection CC Specialist for overall management, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in law, sociology, social work, international development from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- A firm grounding in program activity Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Strong proposal and project report-writing and team building experience and skills
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the protection context (gaps and needs) in Assoa refugee camps
- Stress resilient, team oriented, oral communication, structured and result oriented;
- Flexible and with ability to take initiative and inspire others
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Manage performance to optimize results
- Knowledge of other Ethiopian Amharic and Afan Oromo languages are an asset
Behavioral & Personal Competencies:
- Planning and delivering results
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by October 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”