|Location||Guba and Yaso woredas, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is an Ethiopian resident charit organization registered in accordance with the charities and societies proclamation No 1113/2019 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO is currently implementing 32 development and humanitarian response projects in Oromiya , SNNPR, Sidama, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, Tigray, Amhara, Harari, Dire Dawa and City Administration of Addis Ababa.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant position.
The protection officer will report to Gender project field coordinator and with additional support from the Gender adviser he/she will be responsible for the overall management, planning, assessing, implementing, and reporting of the program. The PO will facilitate and organize all program activities in including community awareness activities, trainings, and the management of GBV and CP cases. He/she will supervise child and women friendly facilitators in their day-to-day awareness raising and response activities and ensure all the necessary trainings are provided to capacitate all staff to undertake their assigned tasks. The He/she will be fully responsible for the all over all implementation of Gender and child protection project activities and maintain working relationship with the coordinating and implementing partners in the woredas he/ she is assigned for to carried out the project activities.
- Train and mobilize case workers/WFS facilitators and community members on GBV and Sexual Exploitation and Assault (SEA).
- Train staff, other implementing partners as well as community members on SGBV/SEA.
- Train Stakeholders, BoWCA and other implementing partners and MCMDO staff on GBV incident classification system and standard intake form
- Organize and facilitate a SGBV medical response training of medical staff on STI treatment and post-rape management.
- Monitor the availability of essential medical and other supplies to support GBV case referrals to government clinics.
- prepare GBV training materials in close collaboration with and technical support of our partner ,GOAL senior protection officer , appropriate to the needs of the community and trainees.
- Coordinate activities with all stakeholders and the community to build cooperative working relationships at the Woreda level.
- Organize awareness raising campaigns on International Women’s Day, HIV/AIDS Day, 16 Days of Activism etc
- Ensure a holistic case management service is availed to women who have experienced trauma or are at-risk of SGBV.
- Ensure close follow up of SGBV cases and proper recording of developments and referrals in take files.
- Work on the monthly progress reports and weekly update and share to the immediate supervisor
- Participate in the design and implementation of program and project evaluation.
- Attend capacity building trainings as requested by the line manager.
- Integrate CP and GBV issues at all time and work with the CP team together.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior protection officer
- Attend protection cluster (GBV and CP) meetings and represent GE in protection meetings, visits, assessments etc
- Coordinate Child protection activities including CFSs and all its integrated programs implementation, community-based child protection mechanisms etc
- Conduct rapid assessment, base lone and end line survey and mapping of relevant local actors on child protection issues.
- Regular supervision to ensure all CP activities meet quality standards.
- Conduct staff and volunteers training and regular coaching on required topics, including Child Protection, CFS management, communication with children, BIA, Case management, PFA, creative activities, positive discipline, life shills and use of local traditional materials.
- Conduct orientation on CP and PSEA codes of conduct, display them in all sites and ensure every new staff sign and volunteer, visitors, and casuals involved in children activities adhere to them.
- Conduct regular meetings (weekly based with staff and monthly based meeting with parents, volunteers and community leaders and use it as coaching opportunities on CP issues.
Duration: Three months with possibilities of extension
Required number: 2
Requirements: (Educational Qualification and Experience)
- BA in Psychology/Sociology or another related social science field with two years related experience for MA holders and four years for BA holders, preferably in NGO environment,
Key qualities, Skills, and Competencies: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Experienced in the design, implementations and reporting of GBV prevention and response program.
- Strong knowledge and application of Child Protection and GBV issues and psychosocial stimulation skills
- Strong training and facilitation skill.
- Efficient skill in analysis and use of information; consider available information from appropriate sources to ensure evidence-based decisions, identifies options and makes timely recommendations.
- Fosters working in teams & team work spirit.
- Motivated and able to work independently,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Computer literate,
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities
- Sense of confidentiality.
Interested and qualified applicants shall send their non-returnable application letter together with CV through email@example.com within seven working days from the day of this announcement.
Address: Ginfele In front of RasAmba Hotel.