|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Develop a work plan for the implementation of activities focusing on social cohesion and peace-building activities within the framework of the project;
- Carry out activities focusing on social cohesion and peace-building activities according to work plan and allocated budget in accordance with international and national guidelines, resource packs, and activity packs;
- Support the DRC’s conflict analysis and conduct a rapid assessment to identify the social cohesion and peace-building need and concern of the target population and frame response according to the identified need;
- Provide capacity building training and workshops for community-based structures, local committees, and local authorities on social cohesion and peace-building strategies;
- Mapping out and facilitating the establishment/strengthening of community groups such as peace committees, youth committees, and women committees;
- Facilitating and Conducting community-based social cohesion mobilization and solidarity events between refugees and host communities while ensuring Do No Harm principles and conflict sensitivity principles.
- Conduct community awareness sessions on social cohesion and peace-building matters with a particular focus on drivers of conflict, risk of conflicts, peaceful coexistence, and other relevant matters through community outreach.
- Facilitating and Conducting periodic workshops to strengthen the link between the community structure and the formal justice structure/peace structure to complement each other, and also to assess the community action plans.
- Facilitating the Production and dissemination of IEC materials by incorporating the key messages of social cohesion and peace-building activities;
- Engage with DRC finance, administration, and supply chain team as needed to facilitate implementation of project activity;
- Ensure the representation of project activities in the field of social cohesion and peace-building activities;
- Perform other relevant duties, as needed or requested by Protection Team Leader
- Prepare and submit progress reports of activities to the protection team leader;
- Keep up-to-date records of project documents and provide updates as needed.
- Liaise and build a partnership with community leaders, community-led structures, local authorities, humanitarian organizations operating in the area, and other relevant actors to achieve the project objective;
- Collaborate with the DRC country protection program, and other DRC sectorial programs toward integrated programming.
- Maintain good relations with all stakeholders.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an entry to mid-level position, preferably in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Experience in refugee protection and/or social cohesion activities.
- Demonstrated experience in youth programming and engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-led structures, community-driven initiatives, social cohesion activities, conflict analysis techniques, conflict management and non-violent communication, participatory development processes;
- Experience working with communities, particularly in conflict-affected areas;
- Experience working with vulnerable people representing different backgrounds;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with local government representatives;
- Knowledge of gender and protection mainstreaming; a commitment to apply age, gender, and diversity (AGD) approach to programming.
- Understanding of protection principles and protection minimum standards;
- High level of personal initiative, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain working relationships across the organization.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office package.
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or degree in social sciences, community development, governance, law, social work, international development, or other relevant fields from a recognized institution.
LANGUAGE: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken Amharic and English. Knowledge of the local language is an asset.