|Location||Dima, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Title: Protection Specialist
Reports to: Area Manager
Grade – G2
Start of Contract & Duration: up to November 2021 with possibility of extension
Posting date: July 9, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working under the direct management of the Protection Manager, the Protection Specialist (GBV) will be responsible for ensuring the GBViE activities of DRC in Okugu Refugee Camp are delivered to a high quality in line with DRC’s, donors’ and international standards. S/he will also be responsible for the protection team’s capacity building and regular training.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- M.Ed/ B.Ed in Sociology/Social work Education/ ECCD/Special Needs or other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in an entry to mid to level position, preferably with experience in the NGO field.
- Experience in Protection / CP/EiE/GBV
- Experience from humanitarian and refugee context and advantage
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to July 16, 2021.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.